City v Sunderland 1991 Martin Tyler Commentary

bluedan

Hes either a big Sunderland fan or absolutely hates city.

He almost spunks himself every time Sunderland score

The game from 1991 is on the city website now.

I've often thought myself that, for some reason, Martyn Tyler does actually hate us. No proof though - other than listening to him talk.

Wasn't that game in the old first division before sky? If so who was Tyler commentating for? I just assumed he always worked for Sky (1992 - present)

nevilletogoater-in said:
Wasn't that game in the old first division before sky? If so who was Tyler commentating for? I just assumed he always worked for Sky (1992 - present)

Didn't he work for Granada at some point?

SWP's back said:
Any link to it?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/</a>
Don't know if this link will take you straight there but it's in the 'Looking Back' section on the home page.

If memory serves, a win would have kept them up; so think Tyler can be forgiven for getting excited.

When Sunderland scored that goal against us in January he was going mental.

I can never recall him ever getting giddy when city score.

nevilletogoater-in said:

He was with ITV for years, i remember him doing the '82 World Cup
He moved to Sky when they got the football rights in 92

Tyler did indeed work for ITV through the 80s. He did the '86 World Cup, commentating on England's matches.

Sometimes, the paranoia on here is absurd. I wonder if Leeds fans think John Motson hates their club, after he got all giddy when Ronnie Radford scored that famous goal in the cup many years ago. I wonder if Liverpool fans thought the late, great Brian Moore hated them when Michael Thomas won the league for Arsenal at Anfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.