City v Sunderland Post Match

Mister Appointment said:
Fuck me what a weird game. Similar to Burnley in that there was an element of Christmas fatigue about our performance. It's really worrying the way we seem to have looked so vulnerable at times and conceded goals from practically nothing situations. I know he's a hero but Zaba in particular has been culpable a few times this season and was again against both Burnley and Sunderland.

On the plus side, Clichy looks one of our most dangerous attackers as well as being very good defensively.

Massive 3 points considering what happened at WHL. It's amazing how narrative rules in football. Chelsea have been lauded week in and week out whilst the overriding opinion on City has continually been that we're too complacent and won't win the league. Yet watching Chelsea yesterday three things stood out beyond anything else. Terry/Cahill partnership is vulnerable as fuck. Fabregas can and is often bullied out of big games. Costa is overrated and for all his physicality isn't particularly quick nor particularly skill full. He's definitely efficient when it comes to being a dirty bastard.

Big month ahead for us now. The way Chelsea are wobbling there's the potential for them to drop more points. More than anything because Mourinho's reaction to big defeats is generally to become even more negative in the way he sets his team out.

Oh and that's one win in five away games unless i'm mistaken for Chelsea. Hardly title winning form and certainly not the kind of form you'd associate with a team which is described as the greatest the league has ever seen!

Only saw MotD coverage of Chelsea plus a clip of Mou being asked about Lamps so I can only tentatively agree with your assessment. One has to be careful when assessing Jose because you are never quite sure how much he is acting but his post match comments did nothing but signal that he was feeling the pressure. His claims for a penalty were desperate stuff but whinging is part of his tactics.

Bluep*ss said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Bluep*ss said:
OK I am moaning again about MOTD. - At the end they showed the Table - Chelsea -1 City 2 Rags -3. - Lineker spouting that City and Chelsea
both have identical records - So why ffs didn't it show Chelsea and City equal no.1 - Chelsea 1= City 1=..... Rags -3
makes me sick

Because when teams are dead level they are shown in alphabetical order. Always have been and always will be.

Why on earth should you care? We are level and that's that.

You have missed my point.? Read it again............
City were shown 2nd(in alphabetical order - yes).....why not 1st equal....get it .?

Because for 130 years league tables have been displayed in that way.

Stats are a good visual tool but count for absolutely fuck all if we don't put the ball in the net! We should have had 6 or 7 goals from clear cut chances against Sunderland, but only manage 3.
We need to be more ruthless in front of goal.
Defensively, I am at a loss for words. Hope VK is back soon to sort these cunts out.

rnblade said:
Stats are a good visual tool but count for absolutely fuck all if we don't put the ball in the net! We should have had 6 or 7 goals from clear cut chances against Sunderland, but only manage 3.
Defensively, I am at a loss for words. Hope VK is back soon to sort these c**ts out.

Perhaps we should get Mourinho in as defensive coach.....

OB1 said:
Mister Appointment said:
Fuck me what a weird game. Similar to Burnley in that there was an element of Christmas fatigue about our performance. It's really worrying the way we seem to have looked so vulnerable at times and conceded goals from practically nothing situations. I know he's a hero but Zaba in particular has been culpable a few times this season and was again against both Burnley and Sunderland.

On the plus side, Clichy looks one of our most dangerous attackers as well as being very good defensively.

Massive 3 points considering what happened at WHL. It's amazing how narrative rules in football. Chelsea have been lauded week in and week out whilst the overriding opinion on City has continually been that we're too complacent and won't win the league. Yet watching Chelsea yesterday three things stood out beyond anything else. Terry/Cahill partnership is vulnerable as fuck. Fabregas can and is often bullied out of big games. Costa is overrated and for all his physicality isn't particularly quick nor particularly skill full. He's definitely efficient when it comes to being a dirty bastard.

Big month ahead for us now. The way Chelsea are wobbling there's the potential for them to drop more points. More than anything because Mourinho's reaction to big defeats is generally to become even more negative in the way he sets his team out.

Oh and that's one win in five away games unless i'm mistaken for Chelsea. Hardly title winning form and certainly not the kind of form you'd associate with a team which is described as the greatest the league has ever seen!

Only saw MotD coverage of Chelsea plus a clip of Mou being asked about Lamps so I can only tentatively agree with your assessment. One has to be careful when assessing Jose because you are never quite sure how much he is acting but his post match comments did nothing but signal that he was feeling the pressure. His claims for a penalty were desperate stuff but whinging is part of his tactics.

It's such rudimentary cod psychology and it's been brought up so many times it barely deserves mentioning - but basically whenever Mourinho's teams play shit, he starts acting up in the press to deflect away from the shortcomings both in his own decision making as well as in his team. What felt different about yesterday was that his team took and absolute battering off Spurs. It's not an exaggeration to say that conceding five flattered them as they could've conceded a few more.

I am beginning to wonder whether rather than deflecting pressure it serves to increase the pressure on his players because Chelsea end up being the talking point in defeat as much as in victory. The contrast is pretty stark with a guy like Pellegrini who prefers to keep his own council even after very poor results or poor refereeing etc.

Anyway I haven't enjoyed a game of football that didn't involved City that much in many many moons. Was the perfect way to end the Christmas/New Year fixtures. Especially after we'd won with a Lampard winner!

grim up north said:
rnblade said:
Defensively, I am at a loss for words. Hope VK is back soon to sort these c**ts out.

Perhaps we should get Mourinho in as defensive coach.....

When was the last time we conceded 5 goals in a PL match (Middlesbrough away??)?

Mister Appointment said:
OB1 said:
Mister Appointment said:

It's such rudimentary cod psychology and it's been brought up so many times it barely deserves mentioning - but basically whenever Mourinho's teams play shit, he starts acting up in the press to deflect away from the shortcomings both in his own decision making as well as in his team. What felt different about yesterday was that his team took and absolute battering off Spurs. It's not an exaggeration to say that conceding five flattered them as they could've conceded a few more.

I am beginning to wonder whether rather than deflecting pressure it serves to increase the pressure on his players because Chelsea end up being the talking point in defeat as much as in victory. The contrast is pretty stark with a guy like Pellegrini who prefers to keep his own council even after very poor results or poor refereeing etc.

Anyway I haven't enjoyed a game of football that didn't involved City that much in many many moons. Was the perfect way to end the Christmas/New Year fixtures. Especially after we'd won with a Lampard winner!

We had the outlaws round, hence why I watched City on TV and did not watch Chelsea live. I do love the sound of "Lampard winner" and what a good header it was. Last night's MotD was a great watch: lots of fine goals and excellent results.

OB1 said:
Mister Appointment said:
OB1 said:

We had the outlaws round, hence why I watched City on TV and did not watch Chelsea live. I do love the sound of "Lampard winner" and what a good header it was. Last night's MotD was a great watch: lots of fine goals and excellent results.

I'm about to download and watch it!

rnblade said:

The main worry for a team attacking isn't when they're missing chances, it's when they aren't creating any chances at all. A couple of inches here or there yesterday and we were easily looking at 5 or 6 - Considering Jovetic only just came back into the side, and he's not even a proper striker, attacking wise I think we're really ramping it up. The only thing that needs attention for me is keeping a stronger link between defence and attack - Not becoming stranded too far up and leaving the defense exposed. We've managed it in a few games so far this season but if you watch someone like Bayern the way they can attack with the ball, but quickly transition when they lose it is excellent. Bit more of that and we're laughing.

OB1 said:
Mister Appointment said:

He's definitely feeling the pressure. You see that's the irony of city fans whinging that we don't get recognition: I bet that suits the manager just fine because we can get along with our job of winning games without hysteria.

This Christmas has panned out just great for manuel, and not quite so great for jose. There is more pressure on them, the 'champions elect', than there is with us. And we've been here before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.