City v Sunderland Pre Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Wisher said:
There's a few Sun'lun fans in my family but I'm not one of them, so good luck in this weird fixture.

Four one-nils in a row for them at home?! Are there any other examples where a consistently poor team have consistently beaten a consistently good team? There can't be. This must end tonight, and hopefully not in the form of a draw.

Blackburn used to do it to just about every top team didn't they?

Boyata has ability and potential in abundance . The only thing holding him back is that he seems to lack confidence .
He needs support and encouragement to build that confidence .
We always seem to have an element amongst our support who are quick to slag off our own .

I just hope we've got the past results out of our system. As they tend to say history repeats itself but i have a good feeling about tonight.

Lets f#cking do this!

der-bomber said:
Boyata has ability and potential in abundance . The only thing holding him back is that he seems to lack confidence .
We always seem to have an element amongst our support who are quick to slag off our own .

Spot on !

Mister Appointment said:
My gut tells me this will be 1 - 1.

Team for tonight:

JH, PZ, MD, BS, GC, JM, YT, Fernando, SN, KA, SJ.
It would be very harsh to drop Fernandinho after that performance the other day but maybe he has the plan to put him back in for Everton if he does use Fernando instead tonight.

Also, would Navas (as much as he frustrates me at times) be a good option to try and spread the Sunland defence wider to maybe try and create gaps in the middle. We've really lacked width in our team when we've been there and lost in the recent past and the game has been a really narrowly defended slog (we were better last year when he came on at half time, we were dreadful in the first half).

kippaxchris said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
I'm fairly confident MP is bluffing when he keeps talking up Boyata

Not sure what team I'd go with but I'd have Milner there and I'm tempted to say Fernando as well. Lampard also staking a claim - its great to have so much midfield competition (and so much more flexible with only 1 striker!).

He's not bluffing, he can see the ability Boyata has as can most who have been involved with or played the game at a decent level unlike most of the fans who slag him off, same fans who slagged Demi off last season & are slating Mangala now, Boyata is a decent centre half as he showed vs Wigan & Newcastle last season, a lot of City fans just like to abuse our players for no reason

I never really slagged Demichelis off and still have a lot of faith in Mangala, but Boyata is awful, take off them tinted specs.

der-bomber said:

Your absolutely bang on.

I think Boyata is a far better centre half than full back. When I have seen him at Right back, he is too cautious when it comes to attacking and rarely goes beyond the right winger on an overlap.

As a centre half, he is much more accomplished and positionally aware. With Demichelis at his side to manage him and help him, he will be just fine.

I say let the young lad have his try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.