City v United FA Cup Post Match Discussion Thread (merged)

Could have been worse. The scum are a team that always attack no matter what but they didn't even against 10 men city they tried to pass it around wind the clock down and when they did try they couldn't break us down pretty poor from them. We capitalized on there errors which is what you have to do and Sergio played very well often isolated.

Is that the best United have? out of the injury list one player would come in to that team Vidic. Fletcher for Giggs? Valencia for Young? debatable at best but definitely Vidic. They are not the best team but they did what they had to. A poor sending off and 2 penalty appeals for both sides it was 2 feet with regards to the tackle so fair enough. Overall to loose by only 1 goal with Pantillimons hands cold with a lack of threat from United we can take allot from that game we played well.

Really fook in down to be honest - heroic defeat - Mancinci a tactical genuis not for me i am afraid outcome could not be much worse.

Fooked off with seeing red cards from this team and conceding fookin shite goals because we over committ.

Vinny did not think it was red to be honest but two footed tackles are illegal and he gave a fookin incompetent ref a decision to make, another red after Ballos at Liverpool, Clichy at Chelski and Barry again at the dippers. The defensive coaches need a fookin kick up the arse and the players need to start showing a degree of accountability

For what its worth i though Aguero and Milner were outstanding - Aguero run everything he could down

Will feel better tomorow i guess but a loss is a loss no matter how glorious it may be percieved by others added to that Vinny likely to be out for 4 games plus Toures being out and the CC semi's next as i said it could not be much worse<br /><br />-- Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:13 pm --<br /><br />Really fook in down to be honest - heroic defeat - Mancinci a tactical genuis not for me i am afraid outcome could not be much worse.

Fooked off with seeing red cards from this team and conceding fookin shite goals because we over committ.

Vinny did not think it was red to be honest but two footed tackles are illegal and he gave a fookin incompetent ref a decision to make, another red after Ballos at Liverpool, Clichy at Chelski and Barry again at the dippers. The defensive coaches need a fookin kick up the arse and the players need to start showing a degree of accountability

For what its worth i though Aguero and Milner were outstanding - Aguero run everything he could down

Will feel better tomorow i guess but a loss is a loss no matter how glorious it may be percieved by others added to that Vinny likely to be out for 4 games plus Toures being out and the CC semi's next as i said it could not be much worse

I’ve just watched the recording of the game an the post match interviews. Ferguson is an utter, utter ****. When he came out with ‘Definite red card, I’ve seen him do that before and get away with it’. That was essentially a message to the FA saying ‘you’d better not overturn it, he’s important to them and if he’s missing it will help us enormously.

We lost, I can accept that, it happens and I think it might actually do us some good. What I can’t abide with however is that prick trying every trick in the book to try and rescue the Premiership chances of his declining team. It would be really nice to see Ferguson get struck down with an agonising terminal disease sometime soon.

Positives to be taken from the second half performance.

We can play without Silva.
We can play without Kompany.
We can play without Yaya.
We can play without Barry.

The back 3 works well,freeing up the full backs,i would play this way sometimes even with an 11.

Negative. Nasri is too casual,he needs more urgency to his play,more bite,or in layman terms,a kick up the arse.

So with no FA Cup games this season and the Carling Cup almost over, will we give the Europa League increased priority? If we can get past Porto (probably the toughest team left in there) we could win it.

We've played some superb stuff this season, given some extremely high quality showings. However, that 2nd half today was worth a million 4-0 or 6-1 wins. That today was a PROPER team. Every man working his bollocks off, running himself to death for his team mates, for the badge, for us.

To come back (and look like even winning) from 3-0 down against the current champions with TEN men when a beating could've been on the cards was IMHO absolutely brilliant.

We showed united (and anyone else watching) just how together we are, how much we dig in, how difficult we are to get anything from. Psychologically we've shown them we're the real deal.

Re: City v United FA Cup Post Match Discussion Thread

JoeMercer'sWay said:
bitterly dissappointed with the way things panned out.

cross with Mancini for not picking Hart and Clichy, no reason to leave them out, hardly sent the right message.

Vinnie won't get that rescinded, didn't need to make the challenge.

Felt we stood off them too much after the red like they did at OT which gave them a pretty easy 3-0 lead(don't know what NDJ was doing for Welbeck's goal, he's the 1 man who should be putting his foot in come hell or high water) but cannot fault us in the 2nd half.

Felt the ref made some mistakes for both sides, both could have penalties in the 2nd half.

The draws are so rigged though, sorry, its so blatant.

Like people have said, we beat them 6-1 when 1-0 up with only 43 mins left to play. They had most of the game against 10 men with a 1-0 lead and they scraped it in the end.

we're having a poor run for our standards, we need to win on wednesday and we need to crack on with the league now.
Crap.

Mixed emotions for me. Im not gonna lie I felt like leaving after the first 45 minutes felt the ref had ruined the game after listening to that shrek bastard and sending vinny off. going 3 down and we might aswell have been in a church from the atmosphere we were contributing to. but we had little to shout about.
We came out 2nd half heard the changes and it made me wanna go even more. But to be honest the changes were tactically brilliant as kolerov played 100% better as a wing back (he is never a full back). we looked more solid as a defensive unit. the effort put in by all players made me proud to be a blue and the 2nd half support after our first goal was great. special mentions for aguero, richards, millner and de jong who put a massive 2nd half shift in.
Even though we lost, that 2nd half felt like a win to me and its the happiest ive been after a defeat to the rags.

strongbowholic said:
bluecroi said:
strongbowholic said:
What?????

I may have had a drink up here in sconny botland, but for fucks sake, some people! Down to 10 men through a blatant cheat of a referee, some really, really poor decisions and you come out with shit like that given how hard the lads worked and did well to get back into it.

I don't normally go in for this type of thing, but fuck right off you dickhead.

How about cop yourself on eh?
We came back and put in an effort, eventually, it took us a good long time didn't it?
The straight red was ridiculous in the sense he didn't even take the player, but in the eyes of the law it was the right decision, he went with two feet, ridiculous, but techincally right.
They should have had another penalty and we got a way with a bit in the second half, so like I said earlier, decisions even themselves out.
Our lads played well, but I'm not going to cheer a loss. I'll give credit to the effort, and it was a tremendous one, but I wont cheer a loss.
Hang on a minute. Copy myself on?

You say the red card was right, despite the fact that it wasn't two footed - his right leg took the ball, his left leg splayed away from the player AND Nani didn't even complain about the challenge, yet under pressure from 4 rag players, the ref sprints over and brandishes a red. But you want me to cop myself on.

Then we readjust to the shock of going unjustly down to 10 men, but it took us a long time? So what did you expect? We should throw Pele, Maradonna, Eusebio, Zidane and Figo on to try and rescue it? But you want me to cop myself on?

And yes, they should have had a penalty in the second half, but shouldn't we? But you want me to cop myself on?

I'm not cheering a loss against that shower of fucking shit, but I really appreciate how we turned things around agains the so called champions and pulled it back - unlike them who capitulated and concede ad hoc against us under the same circumstances, but with the extra man for substantially longer! But yep, I need to cop myself on.

In closing, they showed today they are a waning force. Any side who fancies standing up and counting themselves (a la Blackburn) will find a win against them is more than merited. Shit side, shit players, shit fans in need of assistance from officialdom - familiar ring really. But, you are right, I should cop myself on.

I'll say it again, fuck right off you dickhead. If you've been a City fan for more than two minutes, I'm a millionaire hermaphrodite that's shagging Rio Ferdinand.

You're a fucking prick.

More insults. How original. Try reading my posts before you start throwing childish insults. But I guess we all have our flaws.

1. I didn't say he deserved the red card, I said (serveral times) it was ridiculous. It was technically right, it was two footed, (that is illegal in the game incase you didn't know) his two feet were off the ground and in the eyes of the law it was against the rules. Like it or not. Let me reiterate, it was a ridiculous decision (I put it in bold for you to see, you'll probably ignore it otherwise.)

2.It wasn't about poor play or an inability to readust, I said (I'm sure you'd see that if you bothered to spare an insult and read my post) what bothered me was our lack of effort.
Being 10 men down doesn't stop a player from putting in effort. Standing with hands on hips sulking at the goal when the penalty was being taken was unnacceptable when you consider that it rebounded, I mean make an effort at least.
Ducking out of the way for the second goal instead of taking the blow.
Not winning 50/50 balls that are there to be won. 11/10/9 men it's irrelevant. Work, work, always work. They came back in the second half and put in that effort, but it lacked a lot of it in the first half.

3. Never said we shouldn't have had a penalty in the second half, don't put words into my mouth.

I appreciate how we've turned things around and I've said that several times since your last insult, but there are negatives and I wont ignore negatives just to spare the feelings of some happy clappy fans. That's how teams improve. You learn a hell of a lot more from a loss than you ever do from a win.
We don't have to all smile and nod at the same time. God forbid.

You can shag whoever the hell you want, not my place to judge.

When you run out of insults I'm sure you'll result to calling me a rag of some sorts, but keep trying.
Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.