City v United FA Cup Post Match Discussion Thread (merged)

Re: mistake (resting) joe hart?

I wasn't happy when I heard Hart wasn't playing, but the big man couldn't be faulted for any of the goals. In fact he made a fantastic save from the pen and was desperately unlucky that it bounced up perfectly for the granny shagger to tap it in with his wig

strongbowholic said:
bluecroi said:
strongbowholic said:
Hang on a minute. Copy myself on?

You say the red card was right, despite the fact that it wasn't two footed - his right leg took the ball, his left leg splayed away from the player AND Nani didn't even complain about the challenge, yet under pressure from 4 rag players, the ref sprints over and brandishes a red. But you want me to cop myself on.

Then we readjust to the shock of going unjustly down to 10 men, but it took us a long time? So what did you expect? We should throw Pele, Maradonna, Eusebio, Zidane and Figo on to try and rescue it? But you want me to cop myself on?

And yes, they should have had a penalty in the second half, but shouldn't we? But you want me to cop myself on?

I'm not cheering a loss against that shower of fucking shit, but I really appreciate how we turned things around agains the so called champions and pulled it back - unlike them who capitulated and concede ad hoc against us under the same circumstances, but with the extra man for substantially longer! But yep, I need to cop myself on.

In closing, they showed today they are a waning force. Any side who fancies standing up and counting themselves (a la Blackburn) will find a win against them is more than merited. Shit side, shit players, shit fans in need of assistance from officialdom - familiar ring really. But, you are right, I should cop myself on.

I'll say it again, fuck right off you dickhead. If you've been a City fan for more than two minutes, I'm a millionaire hermaphrodite that's shagging Rio Ferdinand.

You're a fucking prick.

More insults. How original. Try reading my posts before you start throwing childish insults. But I guess we all have our flaws.

1. I didn't say he deserved the red card, I said (serveral times) it was ridiculous. It was technically right, it was two footed, (that is illegal in the game incase you didn't know) his two feet were off the ground and in the eyes of the law it was against the rules. Like it or not. Let me reiterate, it was a ridiculous decision (I put it in bold for you to see, you'll probably ignore it otherwise.)

2.It wasn't about poor play or an inability to readust, I said (I'm sure you'd see that if you bothered to spare an insult and read my post) what bothered me was our lack of effort.
Being 10 men down doesn't stop a player from putting in effort. Standing with hands on hips sulking at the goal when the penalty was being taken was unnacceptable when you consider that it rebounded, I mean make an effort at least.
Ducking out of the way for the second goal instead of taking the blow.
Not winning 50/50 balls that are there to be won. 11/10/9 men it's irrelevant. Work, work, always work. They came back in the second half and put in that effort, but it lacked a lot of it in the first half.

3. Never said we shouldn't have had a penalty in the second half, don't put words into my mouth.

I appreciate how we've turned things around and I've said that several times since your last insult, but there are negatives and I wont ignore negatives just to spare the feelings of some happy clappy fans. That's how teams improve. You learn a hell of a lot more from a loss than you ever do from a win.
We don't have to all smile and nod at the same time. God forbid.

You can shag whoever the hell you want, not my place to judge.

When you run out of insults I'm sure you'll result to calling me a rag of some sorts, but keep trying.
Can't wait to see what you come up with next.
1) you stated it was a red card - I disagree

2) if you consider our display today from being 0-3 down to coming back to 2-3 and almost nicking a draw as a lack of effort whilst down to 10 men for 80 mins, well that's your opinion.

3) correct; the point I'm making is you failed to mention it at all

As for insults, I really apologise as it is the beer talking when I do this, as I normally try my best to reason with people, but seriously, you're a prick.

I said it was a ridiculous decision (like I said you don't read my posts) all I said was that the ref will not have to justify the decision because in the rules of the game, two footed tackle is a red. It might be a load of shit, but that's the way it is.

I said the effort first half was poor. It was. The second half was excellent. But just because the second half was excellent doesn't mean we should ignore the mistakes in the first half. Like I said I wont ignore them for the sake of some happy clappy fans. We don't all have to smile and nod at the same time.

God forbid I forgot to mention to mention the penalty. That settles it then.

And here was me thinking you could go an entire post without an insult.
Almost, but then again almost never got you anywhere.

The "Atmosphere" theory according to me.

So, it's fair to say that most, if not all of the Etihad was rocking at some point today, especially in the second half. A few factors come into play and in a similar way that they did in the Hamburg game, but not totally the same.
Key factors were for me.

1,Big game against out bitter foe

2, An amazing and spirited effort by the boys getting it back to 2-3 and still in with a chance of getting something from the game.

The big thing for me though was this.

Our usual hard core singing section was broken up today, leaving i think 110 as the main voice. But here is the good thing that happend, lots and lots of smaller pockets from 50 or so, to a few hundred were spread around the stadium today. The result being that once the chase was on in the second half the atmosphere went up because of the infectious singing and shouting trying to cheer the lads home. Thats my theory anyway. Spread the singers to get the normally peaceful sections up and at it. May only work in the big games i dont know, but today was really good so much so i felt like we had achieved more than a loss today. I know we did anyway because this will drive us, and the players on to greater glory.
THE LEAGUE TITLE!
Any thoughts ??

Not a mistake.

Pants did absolutely nothing wrong today.

They were the better team on the day, fair play to them, credit given where its deserved.

blumoonrisen said:
bluemoonno1 said:
still cant my head round this, sorry if Ive missed it being discussed on here but Ive just got back in,

Why?

why what? why was the best keeper in the country dropped for a big game like this?

Ducado said:
To be honest I have a Zen like calm about me at the moment, sure I would have loved for us to beat them, but it's not a disaster! They have to go to Liverpool which will be a draw and then a replay, we get some rest.

I am not having all this doom and gloom about the appeal, if the club think it's worth it then who are we to argue, to me it was not a red card offence yellow may be.
I actually quite liked the formation in the 2nd half quite like Naples if you ask me, I am confident of a good win again against the dippers

Onwards and upwards, there are not many United fans crowing about this, they know they had a lucky escape with the shocking ref, (I doubt he will be a ref at a City game for a long time to come)
I can't agree, there is no chance of the red being rescinded, Dermot Gallagher has already come out and said "in the current climate its probably a red", and I'm pretty sure he's involved in the assessing process. For me its not a red, but I can see why its given, feet raised in the air - check, 'launched' from distance - check, studs up - check, the facte he is nowhere near Nani isn't really relevant as the referee can claim it was dangerous, he will also say that in a heated local derby it was likely to start a chain of events off.

As for Foy not reffing us in future, no chance, it takes a long time to get that kind of respect, and its only achieved when the club/manager woman endlessly about every wrong decision while their players constantly surround and harass the officials, thankfully, and with much respect we tenmd as players to get on with the game and accept it, right or wrong, and very refreshingly (but probably to our detriment) our manager refuses to get into discussions in the media about officials.

It will stand, we'll miss Vinnie for 4 games, and Foy will ref us again very soon, not that the final point matters because even if he doesn't, there are anouther 10 or so shite officials to contend with starting with Mason on Wednesday.

The biggest pluses of today are the fight back (ultimately fruitless), the team spirit we show regularly now, it wasn't in the league, and we'll certainly be up for that now, and the other plus is the desperation of united bringing scholes back, he'll do a job, but it tells me that souralex is fast running out of ideas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.