City v United FA Cup Post Match Discussion Thread (merged)

Not read the thread, and after the 2nd goal I fucked off in pure anger.
What I did see was that De Jong wasnt covering or marking anything in midfield, twice he gave Rooney room and twice we got punished, and the challenge with Welbeck, last year he wouldve put his body on the line, he shit it and we got punished (didnt that happen in Champs too?).
I am being critical because recently I have been seeing gaps in our midfield, we never used to have them, that was our strongpoint in dominating teams.

Penalty, no, not for me.

Fast forwarded the game afterwards to skim it through, Aguero was on double duracell, Milner again, quality and graft.

Bobby Manc took a chance of feeling the wrath taking Silva off, the 2nd half the boys did us and him proud.
Gutted to have lost but very very proud to be a Blue, hold your heads high folks.

FFS you spend 6 hours trying to get on here and then post a reply to a thread that gets deleted!!!!

Thoughts on the game....

I think Mancini's team selection with Pantillimon and Kolarov in defence possibly gave United a psychological edge and it evened things up a little more. Saying that I don't think Pantillimon could be blamed for either of the first two goals and he was desperately unlucky with the penalty. Although it was his poor goal kick that went straight to an unmarked United player which led to the penalty - why Kolarov made the tackle god only knows when Micah was pushing Wellbeck away from goals.

Not sure where I stand with the red card, yes it was two footed and if it was the other way round would we be screaming blue murder had it not been given. That said it was also as clean a tackle as you could wish to see. What disappointed me most was for the next 35 minutes we fell apart, lost our shape and was second best to everything and ultimately it cost us the game. I know it's difficult with ten men but we have some big players that failed to get a grip and keep the game tight until half time. The second half we was immense and very unlucky with Kolarovs last minute free kick which could have easily been the equaliser.

Mancini's team selection clearly showed for me his priority is the Premiership and Carling Cup this season and i'd take that all day long.

LoveCity said:
If we'd had De Rossi in Nasri's place we might have gone that extra yard and got a replay or even won! One more fighter in place of a passenger could have been enough. Nasri doesn't even seem to know what his role is in the team.

Has it been explained why Joe didn't play? Panti played well enough besides some distribution woes and was unlucky on the penalty but seems strange as we never seem to drop Joe.
im happy with what Mancini said we do need 2 keepers & the lad did well cant blame him for the goals, but i know what you mean.

duffman said:
They were the better team on the day, fair play to them, credit given where its deserved.
Err...what game were you watching?
Can't agree with that amigo.

Re: Just got home

scorer said:
Set off 5am and just got home.

Feel like we have been ripped off!!!!!!!

Is it true that Chris Foy has admitted he got the sending off wrong??

We were great today.... now lets put that inept refereeing performance behind us, ignore those arrogant ccheating bastards and look forwardto a wembley final and winning the Premiership

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!!

I'll be very surprised if Foy admits to that one, despite the overwhelming evidence that he has dropped another bollock in a long line of bollox. And while I'm on, what about that fucking lino in front of CB stand. Welbeck's blatant handball a minute before he scored. Should have been booked for that. And Duncan Jimmy Edwards aka Phil Own Goal's goalie save at the end. Refereeing that's so one sided yer'd think one o' Foy's legs must be a foot longer than t'other - he had a greater list to starboard than the fuckin' Titanic!

well, I have now read all of the posts on this bit and have to say how proud I am of all the players of their performance today - really they all did their part even sami nasri - he did a bit not a lot and neither did aj !
Sergio was IMMENSE TODAY - H e is a lad who works his socks off and despite all the physical that camelgob and his acolytes tried he was just a class above- it was good that bobby realised we had to prepare for the dippers on wednesday and perhaps if david did carry on we might have nicked it but hey - whAT A FUCKIN DRAW that those rag bastewards have for the next round!
we cAN AND WILL DO THE BUSINESS in the league and roll on to April 28 when we will confirm to those ragtwats what it really is to play a city team I honestly cannot wait- I will count the days!!
btw bluecroi you do talk bollocks!!

bluecroi said:
strongbowholic said:
bluecroi said:
More insults. How original. Try reading my posts before you start throwing childish insults. But I guess we all have our flaws.

1. I didn't say he deserved the red card, I said (serveral times) it was ridiculous. It was technically right, it was two footed, (that is illegal in the game incase you didn't know) his two feet were off the ground and in the eyes of the law it was against the rules. Like it or not. Let me reiterate, it was a ridiculous decision (I put it in bold for you to see, you'll probably ignore it otherwise.)

2.It wasn't about poor play or an inability to readust, I said (I'm sure you'd see that if you bothered to spare an insult and read my post) what bothered me was our lack of effort.
Being 10 men down doesn't stop a player from putting in effort. Standing with hands on hips sulking at the goal when the penalty was being taken was unnacceptable when you consider that it rebounded, I mean make an effort at least.
Ducking out of the way for the second goal instead of taking the blow.
Not winning 50/50 balls that are there to be won. 11/10/9 men it's irrelevant. Work, work, always work. They came back in the second half and put in that effort, but it lacked a lot of it in the first half.

3. Never said we shouldn't have had a penalty in the second half, don't put words into my mouth.

I appreciate how we've turned things around and I've said that several times since your last insult, but there are negatives and I wont ignore negatives just to spare the feelings of some happy clappy fans. That's how teams improve. You learn a hell of a lot more from a loss than you ever do from a win.
We don't have to all smile and nod at the same time. God forbid.

You can shag whoever the hell you want, not my place to judge.

When you run out of insults I'm sure you'll result to calling me a rag of some sorts, but keep trying.
Can't wait to see what you come up with next.
1) you stated it was a red card - I disagree

2) if you consider our display today from being 0-3 down to coming back to 2-3 and almost nicking a draw as a lack of effort whilst down to 10 men for 80 mins, well that's your opinion.

3) correct; the point I'm making is you failed to mention it at all

I said it was a ridiculous decision (like I said you don't read my posts) all I said was that the ref will not have to justify the decision because in the rules of the game, two footed tackle is a red. It might be a load of shit, but that's the way it is.

I said the effort first half was poor. It was. The second half was excellent. But just because the second half was excellent doesn't mean we should ignore the mistakes in the first half. Like I said I wont ignore them for the sake of some happy clappy fans. We don't all have to smile and nod at the same time.

God forbid I forgot to mention to mention the penalty. That settles it then.

And here was me thinking you could go an entire post without an insult.
Almost, but then again almost never got you anywhere.
You said nothing about the ref having to justify it or not. You said, by the letter of the law it was a red, ergo you agree it was a red. Personally, I think that's bullshit - as argued in an earlier post when I explained how Kompany went in and how his legs acted during the tackle. Pertinently, City have appealed the card too, so I imagine they are likely to be of the same mind as me.

You go on further about mistakes in the first half an such. I'm stating that overall, we reacted admirably and did extremely well. You seem to be failing to give the team any credit.

You mentioned that lot should have had a penalty; I pointed out the fact you failed to mention our equally valid claim which theoretically would have cancelled that one of their's out, so surely it should have been mentioned in any post match analysis, hence me making the point.

i thought micah was outstanding in the second half ran his bollocks off , chased every ball true blue spirit, so we got cheated i would rather lift the prem trophy anyway , and we will, let the rags av their day its the only one their gonna av this season.

mike channon´s windmill said:
"The fact he´s not near Nani is irelevent?" Well to be dangerous don´t you have to be causing danger to someone or was he being dangerous to himself or the fookin ball?
I really just don´t get it!!
I think you are missing my point (deliberately or otherwise), I was talking about during any appeal, Foy will simply point to the fact it was feet up, in the air as he took the ball, studs showing, and say it was in his opinion dangerous (and all in a heated local derby cup tie), therefore it will not be changed. Had Nani moved the ball, and Vinny caught his standing leg, its a potential leg breaker, and if gerrard does the same to Silva on Wednesday nobody on here will back gerrard.

None of us may agree with the decision, but none of us will be on that appeal panel. We MUST appeal don't get me wrong, but it won't matter, we have about 10% chance of it being over turned, if that.

Re: Just got home

would be nice if he did, would be much more likely of reducing the ban, but I doubt he'd come and say that, afterall he wouldnt want to upset Wooney, watched the replays time and time again, he wasn't even going to blow up until shrek came running over arms

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.