City v United FA Cup Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pigeonho said:
Damocles said:
Pigeonho said:
Well if Panitlimon fluffs his lines, that will be what I meant by a lack of respect. Like I say though, Mancini knows what he's doing, (I hope).

I'm not sure if playing the Romanian national keeper, the same one that he just played in a CC Quarter Final against Arsenal, constitutes a "lack of respect".
By dropping the best keeper in the league by a mile, and Englands national team keeper suggests its a massive gamble, at least. All I am saying is, it's 0-0, 10 minutes left and Pantillimon fluffs his lines. You and I both know the after match analysis will all be about why Hart didn't play. This isn't the CC, it's the FA Cup which we so happen to hold at present.

Fair point but I rate Pantilmilion (even if I've spelt his name in three seperate ways now), and don't find his inclusion disrespectful. Hart needs a rest at some point. We're in Game 1 of a cup, no reason not to give him a bit of time on the sidelines. Unfortunate against this opposition, but this game is less important to me than Wigan next Monday

Maybe this is a message to him aswell, to not get too complacent in his attitude to playing, and a reminder to the squad that everybody has to earn their place?

Damocles said:
Pigeonho said:
Damocles said:
I'm not sure if playing the Romanian national keeper, the same one that he just played in a CC Quarter Final against Arsenal, constitutes a "lack of respect".
By dropping the best keeper in the league by a mile, and Englands national team keeper suggests its a massive gamble, at least. All I am saying is, it's 0-0, 10 minutes left and Pantillimon fluffs his lines. You and I both know the after match analysis will all be about why Hart didn't play. This isn't the CC, it's the FA Cup which we so happen to hold at present.

Fair point but I rate Pantilmilion (even if I've spelt his name in three seperate ways now), and don't find his inclusion disrespectful. Hart needs a rest at some point. We're in Game 1 of a cup, no reason not to give him a bit of time on the sidelines. Unfortunate against this opposition, but this game is less important to me than Wigan next Monday

Maybe this is a message to him aswell, to not get too complacent in his attitude to playing, and a reminder to the squad that everybody has to earn their place?
No that's fair enough I guess. Shit i'm fucking shitting a brick now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.