City v Villa - Police release CCTV images of 24 fans

God, what a waste of time/taxpayers money.

Who is the victim here? Who's interest is this in? It's certainly not mine. I was at the game, loved the pitch invasion, loved the smoke bombs. It was a great occasion. Clearly, some bitter rags working high up at GMP.

If people didn’t facilitate bad behaviour it wouldn’t need to be policed. 90% of posters on this thread seem to think it’s acceptable. Probably bringing their children up the same who will end up as bad as if not worse. That’s how standards decline.
Absolutely, I brought my kids up to do old school pitch invasions, I’m a traditionalist like that.

That’s what my neighbour says he gets. He’s an armchair Liverpool fan though so slightly deluded. That’s a cost of £1.2m to the taxpayer for 30 years pension. Plus another lump sum upon retirement.

Not sure it’s as attractive for the new coppers as for the ones who joined up pre 2000.
You may need to do some research into pension schemes and how they are funded.

at the end of thr game, the stewards who should of stopped the fans coming on to the pitch, but they all ran for it, it was like the steward at the F1 at the weekend when the car burst into flames took 1 look and scappered

It took just over 2 minutes for the ‘2 Stewards’ stood on the goal line to be overwhelmed by the sheer number of fans who invaded the pitch peacefully.

The few stewards that were stood and stretched out in-front of the stands just stood there as the pitch invasions began and carrried on. I’m not blaming them for not trying to stop the pitch invasion. It’s an impossible task when 1000’s of fans are determined to get on to the pitch to celebrate 3 goals in 10 minutes that won City the title after being 2-0 down.

Towards the end of the video fans started going into the goal, probably getting their pictures taken. Then it snowballed on from there. If City had put more than 2 stewards along the goal line or right across the 6 yard area, the fans wouldn’t have got into the goal and on to the crossbar.

711-BBEC2-9-B69-4-F62-BD6-C-4-F9-AA43-F9-A3-B.jpg

512-CA759-C8-F9-4-A68-82-EF-AB22357582-A8.jpg

CD0-F1794-5-FA5-46-E7-BEF7-BBA8935-FD205.jpg

EB41391-B-1-A06-486-E-9-ED0-75-AB36-E6-EEC6.jpg

Last edited:
Why don’t you believe these people caused criminal damage, if they have been caught on CCTV breaking the goal frames?

I appreciate it’s a different police force, but why didn’t City go after the Liverpool fans who caused criminal damage to the coach?

Why didn’t City request video evidence which there was plenty of and forward that to GMP who could have worked with Merseyside Police to catch the Liverpool fans who smashed up the coach?

Why didn’t the coach company do the same and take the matter further?

Yet here we have City working with GMP trying to identify City fans who may have damaged a crossbar, used a smoke bomb inside the ground, or done something else.

What a sh*t show from our club and GMP, whilst accepting an apology from Liverpool FC and probably Merseyside Police for not a single identification or arrest after City’s coach was smashed up, and Pep, the players, and the staff on the coach were traumatised during and after the coach attack.

I bet the coach cost more to repair than the goal post cost to replace?

Not a single arrest.

The attack from inside the coach.

I appreciate it’s a different police force, but why didn’t City go after the Liverpool fans who caused criminal damage to the coach?

Why didn’t City request video evidence which there was plenty of and forward that to GMP who could have worked with Merseyside Police to catch the Liverpool fans who smashed up the coach?

Why didn’t the coach company do the same and take the matter further?

Yet here we have City working with GMP trying to identify City fans who may have damaged a crossbar, used a smoke bomb inside the ground, or done something else.

What a sh*t show from our club and GMP, whilst accepting an apology from Liverpool FC and probably Merseyside Police for not a single identification or arrest after City’s coach was smashed up, and Pep, the players, and the staff on the coach were traumatised during and after the coach attack.

I bet the coach cost more to repair than the goal post cost to replace?
How do we know they didn’t?

Maybe Liverpool paid for the damage to the coach?

How do we know they didn’t?

Maybe Liverpool paid for the damage to the coach?

Ah!?

Because there wasn’t a single arrest or any identified Liverpool fans who attacked the coach.

I said the coach probably cost more to repair than the goal posts cost to replace, not Liverpool did or didn’t pay for the coach repairs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.