City v Villa - Pre match discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

greasedupdeafguy

Must win game with the derby the week later and the chance of going top with United having a tough game against Liverpool.

Hart
Richards Kompany Lescott Clichy

Milner De Jong

Johnson Yaya Silva

Ballotelli

Re: City v Villa - Official Match Thread

Both teams unbeaten in the league so far so will be interesting. We trampled them twice at home (4-0 in league, 3-0 in cup) last season but lost away. I think they will be harder to beat now as McLeish teams often are difficult to break down (our two draws against Birmingham from last season for example). We should have the quality to beat them but should look out for Agbonlahor as he is finally back in form, and Bent is always a dangerous poacher.

LoveCity said:
look out for Agbonlahor as he is finally back in form, and Bent is always a dangerous poacher.
This match will definitely be trickier than it looks on paper.

They have played mainly poor opponents as far as im aware and are nowhere near as solid at the back this year. What happened to Cuellar anyone know? They sold him to Rangers or somewhere right? Dunne and Cuellar were stella last year. They are well organised but their midfield is simply SHOCKING!! Let's pray Ireland doesnt haunt us, but I highly doubt it going on his form the past year or 2.

Silva and Milner will run rampant (Milner and/or Barry will want to smash them of course).

I think 3-1 but it would be nice to get a 3-0.

Balotelli and Dzeko start and Kun comes on for 20mins if needed, but I don't think he will be.

Morning all first time poster..

They are well organised but their midfield is simply SHOCKING!!

Barry Bannan has improved that with Petrov going in a more free role, go YouTube him - great little player. Richard Dunne, James Collins and Shay have been in top form, especially Dunney against Russia and of course Bent and Agbonlahor have been firing them in, Bent just recently now Bannan and Agbonlahor have been feeding him the service, trust him to find form before us :P

Ill go a narrow 2-1 win, I don't think this will be as easy as it was last time at all.

MaineBlue88 said:

Barry Bannan has improved that with Petrov going in a more free role, go YouTube him - great little player. Richard Dunne, James Collins and Shay have been in top form, especially Dunney against Russia and of course Bent and Agbonlahor have been firing them in, Bent just recently now Bannan and Agbonlahor have been feeding him the service, trust him to find form before us :P

Ill go a narrow 2-1 win, I don't think this will be as easy as it was last time at all.

Uh.....has Bent even scored this season yet? All he does is miss from 3 yds.

We really do not have the mentality of the Rags yet. F.F.S its Villa at home...Villa...the team that plays the most negative, boring football in the league at the moment. No creativity no spark, no width, nothing. They really on Aggy for all their goals and on his pace to beat people. He won't outsprint Clichy and he certainly wont outsprint Micah. Bannan and Petrov vs our Mid? I'll take us.

If we aren't going into this HOME match thinking we can simply tonk these lads then we got problems. Come on Blues, let's start (not getting cocky though) going into these matches on a high horse, for a reason! We should smash Villa at home and we should beat them away too!

I stick with a 3-0 or 3-1, and 3-1 is only if Aggy gets loose once. Bent does not worry me one bit.

@whotheeffisaice
Remeber last year at Vile Park? who scored?

Their defence will be well-organised the CM of Delph and Petrov is wank but its the front four of Aggydododolawhore Bannan(the nearest thing to Xavi in the league and Nzogbia creating for Bent who somehow ALWAYS get 15+ goals a season.

whothefisAlice said:
MaineBlue88 said:

Uh.....has Bent even scored this season yet? All he does is miss from 3 yds.

We really do not have the mentality of the Rags yet. F.F.S its Villa at home...Villa...the team that plays the most negative, boring football in the league at the moment. No creativity no spark, no width, nothing. They really on Aggy for all their goals and on his pace to beat people. He won't outsprint Clichy and he certainly wont outsprint Micah. Bannan and Petrov vs our Mid? I'll take us.

If we aren't going into this HOME match thinking we can simply tonk these lads then we got problems. Come on Blues, let's start (not getting cocky though) going into these matches on a high horse, for a reason! We should smash Villa at home and we should beat them away too!

I stick with a 3-0 or 3-1, and 3-1 is only if Aggy gets loose once. Bent does not worry me one bit.

Yes he scored against Blackburn then suffered a groin injury, and scored on his first game back against Wigan on Saturday, if i recall.

F.F.S its Villa at home...Villa...the team that plays the most negative, boring football in the league at the moment.

I dunno I thought they were pretty good against QPR in the 2nd half and Wigan, McLeish could play defensively but this time they can counter attack unlike his previous team, I think Villa would be happy with a point, so thats basically why I don't think they'll be a push over as they were under Houllier.

Kun Aguero said:
@whotheeffisaice
Remeber last year at Vile Park? who scored?

Their defence will be well-organised the CM of Delph and Petrov is wank but its the front four of Aggydododolawhore Bannan(the nearest thing to Xavi in the league and Nzogbia creating for Bent who somehow ALWAYS get 15+ goals a season.

Did you really just quote Bannan and Xavi in the same sentence????? Wtf has N'Zogbia done since his move to Villa? He has been piss poor. Im well aware of Bent getting 15+ a season, and he can get one against us for all I give a crap, because it's not gonna be enough. A Young, Downing, Milner, Barry, Cuellar(?) Walker(back at Spurs) anyone????

My goodness Blues. Not even gonna bother going on. We will see what happens matchday.

Their back 4 looks a lot better organised than it did last season but I don't think their midfield is strong enough to hold us off. I'd consider giving Johnson another go here, wasn't great against Blackburn but Warnock is prone to the odd rash challenge and I could see Johnson maybe winning a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.