City v Villa - Pre match discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City v Villa - Official Match Thread

We would have played poorly if we dont put 3 past them.

We need 3 pts from Villarreal as well. Not to mention United on the next weekend. Bob needs to rotate these players in conjuction for the Rags. This is the biggest match we'll have this year.

The Villa match has to see rotation of players as within the seven day period we also play Man Utd and Villarreal, to ask for our 'strongest' team to play all three fixtures would be simply suicidal. For Villa we have to put our faith in ability to rotate players and I for one personally believe we can beat them.

I hope to see Owen Hargreaves and Adam Johnson for the match.

Reckon this could end up being one of the two/three title deciding matches.

If we win and Scum lose to Liverpool those 3 points could make a massive difference.

COME ON YOU BLUES

whothefisAlice said:
They have played mainly poor opponents as far as im aware and are nowhere near as solid at the back this year. What happened to Cuellar anyone know? They sold him to Rangers or somewhere right? Dunne and Cuellar were stella last year. They are well organised but their midfield is simply SHOCKING!! Let's pray Ireland doesnt haunt us, but I highly doubt it going on his form the past year or 2.

Silva and Milner will run rampant (Milner and/or Barry will want to smash them of course).

I think 3-1 but it would be nice to get a 3-0.

Balotelli and Dzeko start and Kun comes on for 20mins if needed, but I don't think he will be.

OMG what Villa team were you watching last year?? Dunne was abysmal last season!! looks back to his best now mind! Our back line is revitalized this term and i don't expect us to ship too many goals especially now we have Given between the sticks!

Cuellar has been out injured as he had an operation during the summer but completed 45 mins for the Villa reserves a few nights ago!

And for the record, Ireland is haunting us not you!! this Guy is a waste of life and the sooner we ship him out the better!!

Avillafan.com said:
whothefisAlice said:
They have played mainly poor opponents as far as im aware and are nowhere near as solid at the back this year. What happened to Cuellar anyone know? They sold him to Rangers or somewhere right? Dunne and Cuellar were stella last year. They are well organised but their midfield is simply SHOCKING!! Let's pray Ireland doesnt haunt us, but I highly doubt it going on his form the past year or 2.

Silva and Milner will run rampant (Milner and/or Barry will want to smash them of course).

Balotelli and Dzeko start and Kun comes on for 20mins if needed, but I don't think he will be.

OMG what Villa team were you watching last year?? Dunne was abysmal last season!! looks back to his best now mind! Our back line is revitalized this term and i don't expect us to ship too many goals especially now we have Given between the sticks!

Cuellar has been out injured as he had an operation during the summer but completed 45 mins for the Villa reserves a few nights ago!

And for the record, Ireland is haunting us not you!! this Guy is a waste of life and the sooner we ship him out the better!!

Thanks for posting on here - always appreciate a true opposition fan having an honest say on a thread. So, as you're here, go on then explain what your lot have done to our old superman? He was good when we had him . . not as good as he thought he was and not good enough to keep but sooo much better than he's been at your end.
Runs like a 'fixed' greyhound nowadays . . are you feeding him doughnuts before each game or something?

hisroyalblueness said:
Avillafan.com said:
whothefisAlice said:

Thanks for posting on here - always appreciate a true opposition fan having an honest say on a thread. So, as you're here, go on then explain what your lot have done to our old superman? He was good when we had him . . not as good as he thought he was and not good enough to keep but sooo much better than he's been at your end.
Runs like a 'fixed' greyhound nowadays . . are you feeding him doughnuts before each game or something?

I dunno Mate, looking from the outside in i think Ireland truly loved Man City and be forced out/sold or being used as a makeweight in the Milner deal affected him quite badly and i believe that the "Superman" that you knew is gone for good!

My personal feelings on him is that he is a petulant child who puts in little or no effort and add to that how he disrespected Brum in a interview when on loan at the Toon and looking for a perm deal!

But back to the game, Villa have a newly reinstated team spirit that was destroyed by Houllier and we seem to be fighting for each other as we did in the 3 seasons before the last!

We are by no means blessed with the quality and depth of Citeh but we have once again become a very hard team to beat and i would be very very happy with a draw from this game, but to do that we will need to be the first EPL team to score at The Eithad Stadium this season!

On a side note, i come to you from a Villa fansite called avillafan.com and i do a regular feature called opposition view, this consists of Q&A which will be featured on our main page. Bluemoon will get full credit for the interview and so will who ever is willing to participate!

If interested please send me a PM and i will send over the Q&A! Banter is most welcome as we are a fun bunch at avillafan.

Any takers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.