City V Wolves - Official Match Thread

good job eubanks blake isnt playing for wolves, he`s a decent prospect that guy, suprised none of the big clubs didnt try to get him

jeffmr2 said:
De Jong on bench again suprises me.When Kompany is back fit where does that leave De Jong,playimg for reserves?
Not being negative asking a genuine question.
Cant believe how good our bench looks let alone the starting team:):)

When Kompany is back someone else will probably be injured.

For those worrying about De Jong and Kompany it won't be long before we play Arsenal and the Rags, I would expect De Jong to feature in both those games even if it means at the expense of a striker (Robbie) or midfield player SWP or even Ireland.

blutone3 said:
whats the thinking about de jong then,anyone got any ideas?????
does he think that wolves will park it up then??

Am sure Hughes will play 2 DM against better sides.

I reckon the De Jong Barry Ireland 4 3 3 combination will come when we play the "better" teams, that is last season's top 7/8, why play a Defensive Midfielder when teams will "park the bus" especially when we are at home?

exiled in munich said:
I reckon the De Jong Barry Ireland 4 3 3 combination will come when we play the "better" teams, that is last season's top 7/8, why play a Defensive Midfielder when teams will "park the bus" especially when we are at home?

exactly, it was always fairly obvious we weren't going to play two DM's in games like this. If anything De Jong will fare better than others out of this rotation policy because he will play the bigger teams.

sam221985 said:
exiled in munich said:

exactly, it was always fairly obvious we weren't going to play two DM's in games like this. If anything De Jong will fare better than others out of this rotation policy because he will play the bigger teams.

Agreed, plus against the "lesser" teams having 2 box to box midfielders and Toure who can step out of the defence to make interceptions make this team much more flexible and attacking.... Barry, and Toure are really the 2 differences to the side we had last season, plus a CF who can hold the ball up, try as he might Caiceido was never that kind of player (yet)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.