City V Wolves - Official Match Thread

nimrod said:
I think hughes should have counteracted wolves going 442 2nd half by putting dejong on way earlier, we were getting overrun in midfield

Early days but feel we lost the opportunity to dominate today. Wolves are very average but did get men behind the ball, IMO this will happen all season as teams look to stop us playing. I am confident we will improve but felt there were sufficient positives to be optimistic.

A reasonably good performance , especially first half ..... but never , at any stage, a great one.

Wolves were better than i thought they be ..... showed good team spirit , they should have scored with the shot that hit the woodword in the 2nd half , and also brought a fantastic save out of Shay Given earlier on ...... they also had more than their fair share of the ball in the second half , and we could never rest easy.

Ireland and Adebayor should both have scored to add to Adebayors earlier goal , but it never quite happened ...... great first time pass from Tevez for the goal though ....... just glad to have got the points today really.

black mamba said:
A reasonably good performance , especially first half ..... but never , at any stage, a great one.

Wolves were better than i thought they be ..... showed good team spirit , they should have scored with the shot that hit the woodword in the 2nd half , and also brought a fantastic save out of Shay Given earlier on ...... they also had more than their fair share of the ball in the second half , and we could never rest easy.

Ireland and Adebayor should both have scored to add to Adebayors earlier goal , but it never quite happened ...... great first time pass from Tevez for the goal though ....... just glad to have got the points today really.
I agree Ireland and Adebayor had god knows how many chances. To be honest it should of been CITY 10 WOLVES 2. Wolves to be honest did fight back like warriors. If that chip went in they would of gone for the winner instantly.

Nearly a massacre. Great build-up play spoilt by poor finishing. Adebayor was unplayable in the 1st .

Thought we tired a bit in the last 20 mins possily due to Barca game

Marvin said:
Nearly a massacre. Great build-up play spoilt by poor finishing. Adebayor was unplayable in the 1st .

Thought we tired a bit in the last 20 mins possily due to Barca game

I thought it was mainly down to match fitness, once there are a few more games under their belts they should be ok.

I thought our passing and movement was awesome first half. Other than Adebayors goal the finishing was poor. We should have been coastin at 3-0 before halftime.
Hughes should have replaced robinho with petrov early doors in the second half & brought de-Jong on earlier to counter act the 442.
Wolves proved to be a better team than i gave them credit 4 and came alive in the second half, although this score line could have been 9-2 on another day.
Match fitness defo came into things in the last 15 and Tevez loooked a few pounds over weight to me. 2 games 6 points, can't ask better than that!!!!

dcye said:
Bellamy was horrendous today, gave away possession so so easily every time he had the ball, then ran in front of SWP's shot. Hopefully he gets better this season, his pace off the bench could be vital.

Was so frustrating to watch today, should've won by at least 5 goals really. 3 points are 3 points though I guess.

I think he did not got into the match mentality, thing were happening to fast for him, he looked totally lost, giving the ball away time and time again, and I think he exasperated Adebayor, when he asked for the ball and then decided to fall asleep on it once he got it.

All i can say is that in bits they look good they have to gel its a wait & see...

Carl

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.