City versus Sunderland(pre match discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We really need a good performance, preferably a clean sheet and that to once again see that special flow back in our attack.

But this is Martin O'Neill we're up against: He if anyone will know exactly how to take advantage of our flaws. They also have a very efficient striker in Fletcher so will have to be very focused or else he'll score as soon as he gets his chance.

I'm afraid unless we come up with this seasons best PL performance from us, we could end up with just a point here.

I would love to see Zabaleta tried in a defensive mid position at one point, though this might not be the best time for that.

If Yaya is out injured I'd play Milner in that position, to be replace by Samir if we need to push for a goal.

051012061309.png

sam-caddick said:
--------------Hart--------------
Zabaleta--Kompany--Lescott--Clichy
------- -Barry------Yaya--------
---Silva------Tevez------Nasri---
------------Balotelli------------

This is how I think we will shape up, back to 4-2-3-1

I think we should give Balotelli a run out, although Sergio might start over him to get his match fitness back up.

Save swapping Balo for Aguero - the fitness point - I have only two things to say with the above post:

"Only theeesse"

Yaya was absolutely horrible vs Dortmund and since he has come to city he has played with this ego that he doesn't need to work as hard as everyone else. At times attacking players just stroll by him and he just makes this fake attempt to close him down while making the situation worse for everyone else as its too late for another player to close them down. Usually he starts out good but as soon as 60th min hits, the Guy looks like he can't even breathe. There has been so many situations where Tatar should be subbed but he is not, this special treatment has to be stopped, bench yaya for the next game until he gets his head out of his ass.<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:53 am --<br /><br />Yaya was absolutely horrible vs Dortmund and since he has come to city he has played with this ego that he doesn't need to work as hard as everyone else. At times attacking players just stroll by him and he just makes this fake attempt to close him down while making the situation worse for everyone else as its too late for another player to close them down. Usually he starts out good but as soon as 60th min hits, the Guy looks like he can't even breathe. There has been so many situations where Tatar should be subbed but he is not, this special treatment has to be stopped, bench yaya for the next game until he gets his head out of his ass.

Not sure about the injury situation but pending that I would play

Hart
Zab Vinnie Lescott Kolarov

Milner Barry

Nasri Tevez Silva

Mario

Yaya on the bench to come on second half

Resting Komps

Don't shoot me down, but I wonder whether - under the pretext of him having a 'slight knock' - Bobby might think of resting Vinnie tomorrow. There's no doubt he is committing himself 110% as always, but his sharpness has waned and I think that 90 minutes out the limelight will refocus him.

Joleon and Nasty would be a decent combo and Joleon will be very keen to impress.

Zabba captain for the day.

How say you?

Re: Resting Komps

No, I wouldn't do that given the choice. Can see why it would be suggested but we've messed around enough with the defense already. Keep him in, he'll come good. Get JL alongside him for familiarity.

Plus, I think Mancini would probably play Kolo Toure as a right sided CB rather than Nastasic and Lescott.

Would be very happy with that Buka. Still I'd like to see Nasri and Silva change positions for once, just to see how it turns out. Silva is more than capable of playing on the left drifting in.

Re: Resting Komps

munster said:
Don't shoot me down, but I wonder whether - under the pretext of him having a 'slight knock' - Bobby might think of resting Vinnie tomorrow. There's no doubt he is committing himself 110% as always, but his sharpness has waned and I think that 90 minutes out the limelight will refocus him.

Joleon and Nasty would be a decent combo and Joleon will be very keen to impress.

Zabba captain for the day.

How say you?

We need to stop playing with the defence so i would keep him in the team. play Lescott tmz with Vinne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.