City vs Aston Villa Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
stable door and horse springs to mind.

Either at the ripe old age of 103 he's finally realised his 442/4222 is bolox or he's under instruction to do as he's told for the rest of the season.

Villa will be full of confidence and well up for this so it should be a good game.

kupest said:
SebastianBlue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
There is zero mobility in that middle.

If Villa decide to go for it, we could have real problems with some of their quicker players running off the back of us.

Should be a nice open game.

Finally someone speaks some sense. I was reading the comments about the selection and couldn't believe everyone was happy with a midfield of Fernando, Lampard, and Yaya.

Only one of those players is any good in possession when the opponent presses, none of them are particularly pacey in defense, and only one likes to defend (and that's all he adds). That while Aston Villa have some of the fastest midfielders in the league who enjoy a good knock on and sprint exercise when ever it's available.

I fear we are going to have a torrid time today. Why drop our most consistent performer? Why not play Milner over Lampard regardless of full fitness (which Lampard has but is still not as energetic as Milner at 80%)?

I suppose I am in the minority with these concerns, though, and I of course do not have the same information as our manager... But it all seems strange.

Lampard playing this much at the end of the seasons smacks of the ownership group trying to drum up excitement for his arrival in NYC after their horrible start to the season.

Don't really mind anything else you said but that is pretty far stretched to say the least.
The reason I think Lampard is preferred is because his quality in the box (header and runs) is second to none in our midfield. Its gives Pellegrini a 4-4-2 alike system without the extra striker.

It is definitely the most contrived of my thoughts... But I honestly wouldn't past them with some of their ridiculous decisions as of late.

SebastianBlue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

If Villa decide to go for it, we could have real problems with some of their quicker players running off the back of us.

Finally someone speaks some sense. I was reading the comments about the selection and couldn't believe everyone was happy with a midfield of Fernando, Lampard, and Yaya.

Only one of those players is any good in possession when the opponent presses, none of them are particularly pacey in defense, and only one likes to defend (and that's all he adds). That while Aston Villa have some of the fastest midfielders in the league who enjoy a good knock on and sprint exercise when ever it's available.

I fear we are going to have a torrid time today. Why drop our most consistent performer? Why not play Milner over Lampard regardless of full fitness (which Lampard has but is still not as energetic as Milner at 80%)?

I suppose I am in the minority with these concerns, though, and I of course do not have the same information as our manager... But it all seems strange.

Lampard playing this much at the end of the seasons smacks of the ownership group trying to drum up excitement for his arrival in NYC after their horrible start to the season.
Sorry but that's bollocks.

All of it.

Every word.

SWP's back said:
SebastianBlue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Sorry but that's bollocks.

All of it.

Every word.

Didn't read it then if you think every word is bullocks.

karen7 said:
Getting a bashing again on sky
And water's wet

Never bother with the pre-match stuff on Sky/ITV etc, although they could easily be reading posts off here to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.