City vs Birmingham - Official Match Thread

It need not be all doom and gloom on here tonight. Boaeting; obviously a quality player had been poor for us so far and had a decent game today. Yaya has also come in for some stick and he had his best game for us today in my opinion. Kolorov looks the real deal. We also seem to have learned that it's not against the Law to have a shot from outside the box. A little dissapointed that the first half performance didn't match that of the second.

Can anyone remember the last time we had a deflection go in or scored a really,really late winner? - as far as I recall it was Ireland against Reading and a deflected shot from SWP last Season against Burnley. Set pieces seem to be a problem at the moment and we did really well from them last season, especially Corners. I am finding that a bit strange.

AustinBlue said:
Still in Champions League spot. Had 25 shots. One goal disallowed. One cleared off the line. Kept 60% plus of possession. On 2.5 days rest. Unlucky result, but still in great position. Calm down everyone.

This 10000000000000000000000000000000000 x times.

Post of the year!

I must ask this one last question

All those at the beginning of the thread who say 2-0, 3-0, we'll hammer them.

Do they actually watch us play or do they come here, predict something stupid and then vanish till the next game??

Never been a Mancini fan but honestly I am more disappointed with the players.
Too many times we miss to score when we have clear opportunities to do that. Tevez is a great player but sometimes like today is too selfish and dont play for the team. Milner is totally useless. And Silva wasnt in good form today.
And sure the luck in not on Mancini side, as the only strikers we have Ade and Balo are out. Santa and Jo arent soccer players in my opinion ...

Today's defeat was down in equal parts to Birminghams gameplan (put men behind the ball and defend in numbers) and Mancini's tactics/formation. Brum at home demands two strikers, their tactics were obvious so we needed 4-4-2. 4-5-1 with Tevez upfront meant we were never going to go past the fullbacks and put crosses in, we were going to play it through the middle. Brum knew this, so they played narrow in midfield and tucked the fullbacks in, which gave them 8 centrally and stifled us. We simply weren't good enough, and we didn't change it quickly enough. Overall pretty poor.

Bit 'startled' by the awful substitutions today, maybe we could get Hughes back in an attacking coaching role ;) My youngest son (12) has just come in from the garden after practicing his live firework dodging, i told him the result,poor thing he was completely startled!

MaineDAWG2008 said:
AustinBlue said:
Still in Champions League spot. Had 25 shots. One goal disallowed. One cleared off the line. Kept 60% plus of possession. On 2.5 days rest. Unlucky result, but still in great position. Calm down everyone.

This 10000000000000000000000000000000000 x times.

Post of the year!

perfect attitude.

taking the match out of context it looks worse than it is.

i would rather draw 0-0 than be leaking goals like united and having to fight our way back into the match.

Only gripe today was 2 of the subs made. I thought Milner was playing really well, I know we needed a striker like Roque but I think Milner was the wrong player to pull off IMO. As for Tevez going off for Barry, sorry but that's nonsence to me, if we were winning fair enough but now we haven't scored in 2 home games, not like us. It's no use saying it I know but Balotelli would have been the difference today.

I was happy that RM went with a more attacking start. Glad he sucked it up and dropped a DM for more flair. Yaya looked 10x better sitting back more with De Jong for reassurance, I think Barry could be frozen out if those 2 make a good defensive partnership, it allowed 3 proper attackers and Milner to push forward. Kolarov getting a start, great. Boateng looked better. The sooner those 2 settle in the better.

Also, anyone else's backside tweek when De Jong curled that shot?! Would have been one of my fav City goals of all time had that gone top corner!

Mancini out!
Buys these players and contains them. Silva is played on the wing, Milner plays at right wing, Yaya Toure hasn't been that good. We have some quality players yet we rely on Tevez.
Mancini's tactics are too negative. Good for not conceding a goal but if we want to challenge Chelsea and United this season it's absolutely not good enough.
Bye bye Mancini you boring c***

A Points a point, even though its at home and against Brum, and I suppose we are still on track, but it says something when the walk back to car is more exciting than the match. I thought Mancini had the right set of players and the right tactics, as we did go forward and not back like Wednesday. A line with AJ Milner Silva and Tevez is pretty attacking - but it didn't come off and we lacked creativity, and why were we so nervous in front of goal? For me the players let us down, or luck didn't go our way. At the moment AJ is best used as an impact sub on 65 mins to change the game - he seemed too diluted today. But not good when chants of Bellamy ring round the ground. We do need to turn this around soon, as we can't keep maintaining 4th by drawing can we? Let the media go silly, we don't need to panic yet.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.