City Vs Bolton Post Match Discussion Thread

A few people sat around me commented that Pizza Man reminded them of Ali Bernabia. I thought he looked great in first half - how he would drop a shoulder and wrong foot the challenger. In second half he made a few mistakes - is that why he got subbed then ? - lacking fitness maybe ?

Agree with some comments about AJ not being good enough. He played ok and he is good player but it really stands out a times that he is not at the same level as most of the team. For example, compare him with Pizza Man. When Pizza Man has the ball can you predict which way he will go ? - No. But with AJ you can usually tell he will go to his left.

3 points, clean sheet and we equal record for successive home league wins.

What a great temp at the start. We should have had 3 in the first 4 minutes. Mario Balotelli could and should have had a hat-trick at least over the 90 minutes.

Credit to Adam Johnson for his skill, persistence and inventiveness for the second goal.

Joe Hart made a top class save again. Has to be one of our players of the season.

David Pizarro - good to see him get a good run out. Comfortable on the ball and always looking for it. Keeps the tempo good and will prove to be a quality signing but like others have said he may struggle to get time on the pitch.

Great to see Vincent Kompany going forward and on another day could have scored or been involved in a goal. Would love him to score in a fast flowing break style goal.

Should have scored more but final result is another step towards the title.

Pizarro played perhaps one or two many hollywood passes, but then it was one that put Mario about 60 yards onside which should have lead to a goal. Either way he looks incredibly composed on the ball, fantastic passes, and doesn't have any trouble in confidence or ability taking on and passing around a man, which I still think is a trait so desperately lacking in so many midfielders. It gets Barcelona on the front foot more times than you can count.

mrtwiceaseason said:
is it just me or did pizarro remind anyone else of gio in his movement and passing and alround game excluding gios dribbling skills ?

I said exactly the same last week. Great minds think alike.

Bluemoon115 said:
Rested a good few players and won comfortably. Nothing to write home about, but a very solid win, to keep us 5 (or 2 if you're Bobby) points clear.
Spot on also I think we missed silvas passing as there where 4/5 chances where it fell to ballo and nasri on their wrong side. But 3points onwards and upwards

adrianr said:
Pizarro played perhaps one or two many hollywood passes, but then it was one that put Mario about 60 yards onside which should have lead to a goal. Either way he looks incredibly composed on the ball, fantastic passes, and doesn't have any trouble in confidence or ability taking on and passing around a man, which I still think is a trait so desperately lacking in so many midfielders. It gets Barcelona on the front foot more times than you can count.

Has the knack of creating space and time for himself and others. He'll be a very handy option between now and the end of the season. If nothing else I can see him coming on for the last 20 mins of big / close games like Viera did last season just to calm things down and keep possession.

Helmet Cole said:
adrianr said:

Has the knack of creating space and time for himself and others. He'll be a very handy option between now and the end of the season. If nothing else I can see him coming on for the last 20 mins of big / close games like Viera did last season just to calm things down and keep possession.

He is around to give others a rest.

salfordblue-tony2 said:
mrtwiceaseason said:
is it just me or did pizarro remind anyone else of gio in his movement and passing and alround game excluding gios dribbling skills ?

I said exactly the same last week. Great minds think alike.
i think its the way he drops the shoulders sending the defender one way and him off the other and his body movement that makes him more like gio than ali to me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.