City Vs Bolton Post Match Discussion Thread

Re: Clichys goal?

For betting it has already been decided, they go with the press association, and I think they gave it an o.g. If the PA change their mind after the match the result doesn't.

Check at the bookies to be safe.

I was a surprised that Balotelli was given the start by Mancini (actually not really, since he's Italian, yes I've said it lol), considering he's taken a hard line vs. other strikers (Tevez obvi, Dzeko in Munich, etc.).

I was also surprised that he had the trio of Silva-Aguero-Dzeko all sitting on the bench.

I thought we played OK. Nothing great, nothing horrible. Balotelli seemed off today, and he can thank AJ for the nice setup (nice backheel) for his tap-in goal. I honestly had the feeling that we would have struggled to score that first goal (if it wasn't for a lucky break like the deflection). Silva's absence was kind of obvious in that regard. And bringing on the 2nd striker (Dzeko) made a huge difference, it opened up all kinds of space in the attacking end.

Yaya had a great game, again. I just love players like him who are TEAM players who are all about passing (yes, it is a team game, the more passing, the better if you ask me). He's a very intelligent player and I'm so glad he's in our squad.

I'm impressed with what I've seen of little Pizarro... solid enough for a bench player.

I just hope Zaba's injury is nothing serious!!

Pizarro is on early viewings very Scholes esque. Plays deep, sprays the ball round short and long, is calm and authoratitive, has a great football brain and has 'the' pass in him.

For fuck all he's a great bit of MCFC business :)

I think this was a match where Mancini wanted to find out about some players. Here's what I saw:
- Balo worked his socks off and despite not taking the chances, got in position to take them.
- Pizarro does make some good passes, but he makes some really bad ones too in dangerous areas, which against better teams would hurt us.
- Barry had a similar game to Pizarro, working hard to break up play, making some good passes, but giving the ball away too easily at times in dangerous positions.
- AJ is not a 90 minute player - he has not taken advantage of the chances he's had to show otherwise. Great as an impact sub and can change a game in an instant, but will not be a starter next season except in "easier" game like this.
- Keep Kolo around next year. Had a great game going forward and defending, better than Micah at the back, better than Zab going forward. Should be ahead of Savic always.
- Nasri needs to pick up the pace and get in sync with the other players. He hangs onto the ball too long waiting for other players to get in the ideal position before passing, and needs to take chances in front of the net. He has the talent, but his confidence needs a boost. It will come.

He had a good game going forward but nearly gifted Bolton a goal in the 1st half.

Kolo was impressive. He seems to have that Arsenal like movement to him. The ACN helped his form tremendously.

Re: Clichys goal?

Corky said:
For betting it has already been decided, they go with the press association, and I think they gave it an o.g. If the PA change their mind after the match the result doesn't.

Check at the bookies to be safe.

Got paid out on in by Paddy Power today €2 @ 40/1 Happy days!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.