City Vs Chelsea - 12/08/12 @ 13:30 (Charity Shield)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamTheGuru

Team supported
MCFC OK
Can't quite believe this match thread isn't up yet with all the anticipation of being able to watch a game that is actually half worth watching. I think we will more than likely see half a team due to everyone being at different stages of pre-season.

Pants
Zab
Kolo
Lescott
Kolarov
Yaya
Nigel
Milner
AJ?
Tevez
Aguero

I personally want us to destroy Chelsea and grab that Shield. Just because it is a glorified friendly does not mean it will be OK to lose - It's another trophy at the end of the day!

I really cannot predict the team as I believe Mancini will try the three at the back formation.

- Kolarov looks good in this formation so I think he could choose him over Clichy

- Will Silva and Nasri both play in this formation?

- Will Yaya play that roaming role just like in pre-season?

- Could we see Razak, Rekik or Suarez?

So hard to call as I really think Mancini is going to change his tacticts this season and I do believe we will get an idea of just how Mancini is going to line up next season from this Charity Shield game.

sam-caddick said:
- Will Yaya play that roaming role just like in pre-season?

Gnégnéri is the best "box-to-box" player right now, my opinion.

sam-caddick said:
- Could we see Razak, Rekik or Suarez?

Maybe Razak,will be great for him,has done well in the friendlies.

God I hope Savic doesnt start and hopefully Clichy will play ahead of Kolarov.

Hart

Zaba Toure Kompany/Agger Lescott Clichy

Razak De Jong

Yaya

Aguero Tevez

I don't know about everybody else but I really want us to win this game.

Forget the it's only a friendly rubbish.

Looks like Barry and Richards are out, and question marks over Silva and Komapny's fitness.

Looking at Chelsea, they'll likely have one or two pacey players going forwards, first time in a few years you can say that about them. I'd prefer Clichy at LB but I can see Kolarov being given the nod.

Can see Nige and Yaya in the middle then, maybe a 4-2-3-1 presuming Silva and Vinny miss out. Have a feeling Vinny will make it though, he'll want to be leading us out.

-----------------Hart--------------------

-Zabs-----Savic------Lescott----Kolarov-

---------Yaya-----------Nige------------

--Aguero--------Tevez--------Nasri-----

-------------Dzeko or Balo--------------

Slight issue possibly over width, and maybe over shape / effort when not in posession, but tying that out makes me feel a little better about no signings. Not saying no sigings is good news, but...Damn, we've got a good team already.

bluetonium said:
Looks like Barry and Richards are out, and question marks over Silva and Komapny's fitness.

Looking at Chelsea, they'll likely have one or two pacey players going forwards, first time in a few years you can say that about them. I'd prefer Clichy at LB but I can see Kolarov being given the nod.

Can see Nige and Yaya in the middle then, maybe a 4-2-3-1 presuming Silva and Vinny miss out. Have a feeling Vinny will make it though, he'll want to be leading us out.

-----------------Hart--------------------

-Zabs-----Savic------Lescott----Kolarov-

---------Yaya-----------Nige------------

--Aguero--------Tevez--------Nasri-----

-------------Dzeko or Balo--------------

Slight issue possibly over width, and maybe over shape / effort when not in posession, but tying that out makes me feel a little better about no signings. Not saying no sigings is good news, but...Damn, we've got a good team already.
No Savic just no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.