City vs Chelsea pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kante is not close to Fernandinho. Fern has a lot more in his locker than Kante.
Luis has a few more faults in his game than Otta,

I am also pretty sure Pep knows his best eleven in the best formation and he will use it against Chelsea,
He wont have a repeat of Tottenham where he got the tactics and the starting 11 wrong.

He has been changing the formation and line up, looking for what works best with the tools he has got with these Kind of games in mind.
Sometimes this results in mediocre performances. With his reputation I am confident he will get it right most times when it counts.

My prediction - city 2 - 0 chelsea.
How it happened, Pep exposes the Frailties of Chelsea's 3-4-3 formation.
superior tactics.

Kante is a footballing bleep test. Footballing wise we're absolutely streets ahead of them and we'll prove it on Saturday. We're going to batter them.

Kante is a footballing bleep test. Footballing wise we're absolutely streets ahead of them and we'll prove it on Saturday. We're going to batter them.

If that's all you think of Kante, you are very, very wrong. Just look at his track record in the last year. Took a shit Leicester team to a title, then France to the final of the euros.

He's made Danny Drinkwater and Paul Pogba look like international level players.

I'd have him in a heartbeat at City, he's DeJong and Fernandinho in Jesus Navas' legs.

If that's all you think of Kante, you are very, very wrong. Just look at his track record in the last year. Took a shit Leicester team to a title, then France to the final of the euros.

He's made Danny Drinkwater and Paul Pogba look like international level players.

I'd have him in a heartbeat at City, he's DeJong and Fernandinho in Jesus Navas' legs.

No, he isn't. He's got an engine which is about it. He'd get nowhere near this City team.

Expect a biblical match up in midfield for this one, wouldnt be overly surprised if we matched up 3-4-3 as I can imagine pep sees chelseas shape as their biggest asset
Don't want to pray on the absolutely tragic nature of the Chapeco plane crash but dont underestimate the motivation of fernandinho for this game. He has many friends in brazil and probably in that squad which died, hence his doing the speech yesterday and being given the day off training.
Fancy his battle v Kante to be crucial and I truly think he will be a man possessed this weekend. Don't see chelsea winning 7 (i think?!) games in a row in this PL and I dont see us missing the opportunity to show our superiority technically on saturday

I know it is a team game but **** me that Chelsea side individually shouldnt live with ours
A back 3 of Cahill Luiz and Azpilicueta can be got at, but its the 2 in front that are vital to them. If we can make the gap between matic/kante and their front 3 large enough, we should dominate the ball and game

+1
It's either well play with 3 at the back with dinho gundogan silva KDB sterling and nolito in midfield or we'll play the same team we played against barca when we battered them

I rate Kanté extremely high and I think he's proving it week after week. Immediately after Chelsea announced his signed I said this could be a title winning signing for them. Luckily I also rate Fernandinho extremely high so I put them at the same level, which is a VERY HIGH one!

Luis/Luiz or however you write his name may have a bit more faults than Otamendi but he makes up for it with intelligence, charisma & way better feet.

And finding out Conte on a tactical level will prove very difficult, but I can't blame you for being a positive blue! :)

I do believe there will be a winner in the battle between kante and Fern, I do believe Fernandinho is a notch above.
Mainly he can match Kante in everything he can offer and his experience. Fern has been through thick and thin in his career and has come out a better player each time.
Kante is still riding a wave, his limited game will be exposed at some point against quality opposition.
It could be on Saturday.

The Luiz / Otta debate is hard to call and this is what makes football.

as our former coach Bobby Manc used to say " Dis eez footbal "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.