City vs Chelsea pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Charming ="calum down, post: 9857133, member: 13905"]i love your spunk.[/QUOTE]

Charming

According to this tweet, City Square opens at 10am?! Seems a bit early, and doubt the bars will be open at that time!

Early for most,others will see it as an inconvenient wait.
Made me laugh that F.I.
During the 1990's when we had an all too familiar period of going from top six contenders to relegation certainties I would spend Saturday mornings buzzing with anticipation of the game and would have been in Gujars on Mauldeth Road as early as socially acceptable to get a few cans of Miller to wash down the numerous three skinners haha

Well.... We had to partially anaesthetize ourselves against what could've been a hammering ... off anyone!

PS: @karen7 I feel congrats are due ,I'm not on BM as much as I used to but every pre match thread I see you gathering and posting news and info' I'd normally miss. By way of thanks I'm posting a picture of a man in undies
9f2e69ce0eac5374ce6397344513eaa9.jpg

Made me laugh that F.I.
During the 1990's when we had an all too familiar period of going from top six contenders to relegation certainties I would spend Saturday mornings buzzing with anticipation of the game and would have been in Gujars on Mauldeth Road as early as socially acceptable to get a few cans of Miller to wash down the numerous three skinners haha

Well.... We had to partially anaesthetize ourselves against what could've been a hammering ... off anyone!

PS: @karen7 I feel congrats are due ,I'm not on BM as much as I used to but every pre match thread I see you gathering and posting news and info' I'd normally miss. By way of thanks I'm posting a picture of a man in undies
9f2e69ce0eac5374ce6397344513eaa9.jpg
Be back in a minute.. x
Where have you been? come back

2-1 win for us tomorrow (at least that's my hope).

I can't see us keeping a clean sheet, but after a week's rest and preparation, I can't see our players throwing an opportunity to beat one of our title rivals on our own ground under Pep.

Forget how shit we were the last two seasons against any decent side, that was under a different manager. We're now under the capable hands of Pep!

3-1 Sergio hatrick

Meanwhile the sun pre match coverage
EMPTY-HAD
Manchester City v Chelsea tickets available on GENERAL SALE with just hours left until kick-off in the title clash

Members of the public can purchase up to six tickets for the match by creating an account on the club website
BY SAM STREET
2nd December 2016, 5:36 pm
MANCHESTER CITY face the embarrassment of their key title clash with Chelsea being played out in front of a host of empty seats tomorrow afternoon.
With just hours left until the 12.30pm kick-off, the club website showed swathes of unsold blocks for Pep Guardiola’s first ever meeting with Antonio Conte.

On Friday evening, tickets were still available in 28 blocks at the Etihad
The Manchester City website said about the fixture: “Tickets for this match are on General Sale. Tickets are restricted to a maximum of six (6) per supporter.”

Whether or not you support Man City, buying a ticket for the match is as simple as creating an account on the site and clicking on the seat you want.

Available tickets for the key title fixture start at £58.

Antonio Conte’s Chelsea are currently top but only sit one point ahead of Pep Guardiola’s side in 3rd.
The Man City website confirms tickets for the match against Chelsea are on general sale
The Etihad Stadium has long been derided by rival fans as the ‘Empty-had’ and poor ticket sales in a key title fixture will do nothing to stop taunts from the red half of Manchester.
City have 41,000 season ticket holders and 10,000 on the waiting list so the number of absentee fans for the Chelsea game is baffling.

Earlier in the season Man City’s re-arranged opening Champions League fixture against Borussia Monchengladbach was played in front of just 30,000 people.

A lighting storm meant that the original game was postponed and both teams had to come back the following night.

City take on Borussia Monchengladbach in a half empty stadium
City fans are less than enthusiastic about the visit of top of the table Chelsea
At the beginning of last season, City completed the construction of a third tier on the Colin Bell Stand, where away fans are seated, to take the capacity to 54,000.

And the club owners have received planning permission for a further expansion, with a third tier to be added to the North Stand.

This would take the Etihad’s capacity to 61,000, making it the second largest club stadium in England, overtaking the Emirates.

That move would be symbolically significant for the club’s-Abu Dhabi based owners as Arsenal’s ground bears the name of their Dubai-based rivals.

However it would count for little if it’s not backed up by increased demand from supporters, especially in key fixtures like tomorrow’s match against Chelsea.

City are free to focus on the Premier League having already secured qualification for the last 16 of the Champions League, where they will hope for better attendances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.