City vs Everton Post Match Thread

And breathe. Can now look forward to Norwich nicking a point off Chelsea and Palace beating Liverpool.

Happy days.

lafitz2008 said:
Burtonrdblue said:
You should be supplied with Valium for a City title run in!!!!! My nerves are shot!! Today was probably the worst for me nerve wise in 30+ years being a Blue!!!! God knows what I looked like through my window to the non football caring passer-by?? Probably thought I need sectioning!!! My neighbours must think me and our kid are radio!! When Probert played an extra minute I thought I was gonna have a coronary! Was shouting extremely colourful language at the 42" piece of glass , with veins protruding out of my neck to rival Diedre Barlows! Anyway let's leave my extremely fragile mental state and talk about the Blues today!! Was gutted for Kun as only Kun can do what he did today, but did it makes us better in a backhanded way? Though Ferni looked more busy in the middle than Yaya( who I think is absolutely knackered). Jerry Garcia had me nearly ripping my hair out with his constant wish to grapple and grab, but anybody who has played knows that grabbing somebody who has gone past you is involuntary and done before you realise but he did restrain himself a couple of times overall he looked ok but his speed worries me but he was up against an in-form Ross Barkley who is reminiscent of a young Paul Gascoingne who was class today and most would of struggled?? Joey Hart 1 world class save from as we all really know is a world class keeper on his day,Clichy looked as effervescent as always but soft in the tackle, big Vinny Komps looked back to his best and MDM! What can you say about the long haired Latin who is quickly becoming a cult figure at City? He was mint! Assured on the ball, plays the offside as well as anybody in the world, good in the air and good positioning and very vocal!! Souness very complimentary and rightly so!! Milly was as industrious as ever which is a bit insulting as the skill and cross for our 2nd was sublime!! And what about the Enigma that is Edin Dzeko?? His first goal summed him up to a tee!! Goes through has too many touches and totally fluffs his lines then a cross comes over and he scores a world class header from 14-15 yrds easily the hardest of the two chances!! His second goal was easier but you have to be in the right place to score? Was well set up by Nasri who has great eye catching ability but him being a shitbag drives me to distraction but he is such an elegant footballer he gets away with it for me!! Zaba was as solid as ever and nearly got a goal!!! The lads did look tired today but that's to be expected as they are only human and the pressure is bad enough for me sat in my gaff in West Didsbury never mind the pressure cooker of Goodison Park!! We got through it which is all that counts!!!! WELL DONE LADS WELL PROUD OF YOUSE, HAVE A REST AND BACK ON WEDNESDAY FOR VILLA. The atmosphere should be electric I can't wait!! We gotta be 12th man goes without saying!!!!

I'd stick a picture of Spud from Trainspotting here if I knew how .....
cos-trainspotting-spud-de.jpg

It was hard work watching City today, but would we have it any other way?? Hell yeah!!

'tis in our hands, and I have a defibrilator on hand for Wednesday and Sunday, so all is good in the world. C.T.I.D.

Today was probably the most on edge I've been watching City for a while.

It wasn't the accomplished display we saw last week at Palace, but we got the result and that's all that matters.

i've been asleep basically ever since the game ended. slept for like 5 fucking hours, ruined my entire saturday. ;) what a win god dammit what a fucking win

Ric said:

It wasn't the accomplished display we saw last week at Palace, but we got the result and that's all that matters.
I was nervous before the game and during. Everton are a good team and Martinez is a good manager, and they have defeated all the title contenders at home.

Wasn't pretty, job done however. It could prove to be the title winning game.

Although we won I am still concerned. Ravaged by injuries and lost our spark today. We are in a great position but it is far from over.

I'm a toffee, but I'm neither a WUM or a rival fan brown-noser. I was at the game today and 100% cheering my team on.

What boils my p1ss is accusations that today we threw the game in some way. We didn't...we were just beaten. If Hart hadn't made that save on Naismith's shot it could have been a very different outcome.

I read your match day thread and the live comments in no way represented a feeling from your fans that we were rolling over. I guess my question is now you've all had time to reflect, what are your thoughts on this? Do you feel we gave you an easy ride today or is this bitterness from over the park?

Kudos to all the city fans who stayed and clapped our players at the end. <- that bit is a bit brown-nosey.

Just interested I guess and good luck for your last two games. #COYB

Ric said:

It was more than nail biting time, it was hair pulling time as well. I was sitting down, chewing my scarf, head in hands, being given a consoling pat & a hug every so often by the guy standing next to me!! My nerves won't stand this again!! At one stage, about 15 mins before the end, I was convinced I was going to have to ask for St John's Ambulance help!!!

But, as you say, we got the result thank goodness. I've never seen so many opposition fans congratulating us & saying don't mess it up win the league!! Surreal

QPR game was an easier watch as we were chasing the game. This was shear torture.
I have to give props to Joe Hart and Dzeko.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.