City vs Everton Post Match Thread

Re: Did City fans stay for EFC lap of honour?

hope no one minds me saying this but everton looked like a decent side and played some good footy,good luck to them

Ross Barkley looks truly special, and if they can keep Lukaku whilst improving on Naismith also, then they are a decent outfit who, with Martinez managing and some squad depth freebies loans, could push top 3 next year!

In fact of all the Top 6, it's Everton I see as the side who can improve most next season for a sensible cash outlay.

Anyway in line with the OP post, and on the subject of crowd interaction, do Everton still throw sweets into the crowd pre-match?

Always envied Everton fans for this as a kid and used to get really excited in the early 80's if Mars used to sponsor a City game as this meant Mars employees stood in front of the Kippax throwing in 100's of Mars Bars!

What memories.

JULES said:
hope no one minds me saying this but everton looked like a decent side and played some good footy,good luck to them

I'll second that. They've been a joy to watch (up until yesterday - yesterday was torture).

They need a twenty goal striker (who doesn't?) though and unless they unearth one from the academy...

MaineRoadBlue said:
Ross Barkley looks truly special, and if they can keep Lukaku whilst improving on Naismith also, then they are a decent outfit who, with Martinez managing and some squad depth freebies loans, could push top 3 next year!

In fact of all the Top 6, it's Everton I see as the side who can improve most next season for a sensible cash outlay.

Anyway in line with the OP post, and on the subject of crowd interaction, do Everton still throw sweets into the crowd pre-match?

Always envied Everton fans for this as a kid and used to get really excited in the early 80's if Mars used to sponsor a City game as this meant Mars employees stood in front of the Kippax throwing in 100's of Mars Bars!

What memories.

Yeah a guy was going round before the game throwing sweets into the stands.

Ducado said:
JULES said:

Why would anyone mind? We all know they have been one of the better teams this season
after the lescot transfer etc. thought we were supposed to dislike them a little bit

I think we of all the set of fans would know how difficult it is to play at Goodison but we came through,the thing which was most notable for me was the intensity with which we started out,pressing hard from the start and not taking the past history or opposition into account and just playing the way we do best,if we can bring this thing into our game on a consistent level no matter what the opposition we would hit another level

JULES said:
Ducado said:
JULES said:

Why would anyone mind? We all know they have been one of the better teams this season
after the lescot transfer etc. thought we were supposed to dislike them a little bit

That was more to do with Moyes he poisoned the atmosphere between the to clubs

BBC Headline "Grinding and unspectacular" but.................. City get job done.

For neutrals maybe but not for me, all we needed was the 3 pts and we got them, lets worry about great football and murdering teams later, the end of season games are always like this. Seem to remember Newcastle game we won 2-0 was hardly riveting but job done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.