City vs Feyenord Friendly 94??

mike24

Can anyone confirm the date and year of this friendly and scorers? I think it was 4-2...The reason I ask is that was my first game at Maine Road but cant really remember it!!

I've found the date for you mate. Saturday 13th August 1994. Don't ask me the score though cos I was only 1 year old lol. The match ptogramme was being sold on ebay.

<a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Man-city-v-Feyenoord---Friendly-94%2F95_W0QQitemZ290365711337QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxq20091102?IMSfp=TL091102178001r3980" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Man-city-v-Feyeno ... 78001r3980</a>

Thanks alot mate If anyone has this programme I would pay good money for it!

How strange! Was talking about this before. Larsson was playing for Feyenoord and he and Curly Wurly had a bit of a fracas! Another reason I remember that was cos there was a big fat bastard united fan, working on the construction on the Kippax, who sat there, bold as brass with his united top on all match long. I'm sure, also, that a blue ran on the pitch and tried to get a pass on the wing off of Beagrie!!

Pigeonho said:
How strange! Was talking about this before. Larsson was playing for Feyenoord and he and Curly Wurly had a bit of a fracas! Another reason I remember that was cos there was a big fat bastard united fan, working on the construction on the Kippax, who sat there, bold as brass with his united top on all match long. I'm sure, also, that a blue ran on the pitch and tried to get a pass on the wing off of Beagrie!!

Am I right in thinking it was 4-2???? And seem to remember there being a few penalties

mike24 said:
Pigeonho said:

Am I right in thinking it was 4-2???? And seem to remember there being a few penalties

For the life of me I can't remember the score. I had just got my first full time job and it was payday the day before, so I was pissed out of my (then) 16 year old, lanky face!

went to this game at maine road....i think larrson bagged a couple, it was just after his euro or world cup exploits....cant remember much about the game as i was pished, just remember being in the platt lane end and giving larrson loads for wearing an headband

Did that Regi Blinker guy play or am I barking up the wrong tree, I remember they had quite a few lads with dreadlocks.

I remember being at the game but my memory of who played is a bit vague.

kiam06 said:
Did that Regi Blinker guy play or am I barking up the wrong tree, I remember they had quite a few lads with dreadlocks.

Yeah that rings a bell for me too! Im sure there were at least 2 penalties Curle scoring one and some lad for them wearing one. Dont remember Larsson though but what a player he was on his day

mike24 said:
kiam06 said:

Yeah that rings a bell for me too! Im sure there were at least 2 penalties Curle scoring one and some lad for them wearing one. Dont remember Larsson though but what a player he was on his day

Its funny you mention Larsson as I didn't think he played for them that day, I could be wrong though as it is only a guess.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.