City Vs Leeds (Fa Cup) Pre match discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mekonmcfc said:
Stretford Born Blue said:
MSP said:
is this one coming? :)

bbojqn2cyaa8ins_0.jpg

There's a guy in Timperley/Brooklands covered head to toe in tatts, rides a push bike. Wonder if it's this fella, he's daft enough to get the tatts on his bonce, so he's daft enough to live in his enemies local City I guess....?
Can't be two living souls that look like this...???!!!!

it is him. he lives locally

Yep I used to work with him and he is one of the nicest blokes you will ever meet.

ZAC.Headingley.LS6 said:
genuine question to City fans about the game tomorrow?

Whilst getting through to the next round is the aim.. Do you think the score matters?

1-2 nil against Leeds maybe seen as job done and ok.. Through to next round and decent chance of silverware and when you look at clubs histories FA Cup wins are a prestigious honour afterall. But this score would probably still have a few saying 'we should hammer teams from championship.

3-4 nil. Probably good enough to say bounced back from Southampton game.. And happy Again..

5 (and above) nil.. All happy again, maybe the league in all likelihood as gone, but jeez a league title, fa cup win, 2nd league.. Maybe rushing Mancini out of the exit door not neccasarily the right thing..!

As a Leeds fan I of course pray and hope for a miracle and we somehow get an almighty shock win.. And to be honest if we lose, it may as well be a tonking as I for one have had enough of our manager.. And the sooner he his gone the better.. For sure a win tomorrow would likely save Warnocks job for the season regardless of our pathetic form in the league and his pathetic excuses for it!

Good to see the game a sell out, well done to the decision makers on ticket prices.. Will try to enjoy my day tomorrow ;)

If City start out with the same mentality as they did against Saints and Liverpool, you will have a chance of getting a result, if we approach it like we did the last round against Watford i think we will win 3-0. I think we will be fired up tomorrow.

herrock said:
ZAC.Headingley.LS6 said:
genuine question to City fans about the game tomorrow?

Whilst getting through to the next round is the aim.. Do you think the score matters?

1-2 nil against Leeds maybe seen as job done and ok.. Through to next round and decent chance of silverware and when you look at clubs histories FA Cup wins are a prestigious honour afterall. But this score would probably still have a few saying 'we should hammer teams from championship.

3-4 nil. Probably good enough to say bounced back from Southampton game.. And happy Again..

5 (and above) nil.. All happy again, maybe the league in all likelihood as gone, but jeez a league title, fa cup win, 2nd league.. Maybe rushing Mancini out of the exit door not neccasarily the right thing..!

As a Leeds fan I of course pray and hope for a miracle and we somehow get an almighty shock win.. And to be honest if we lose, it may as well be a tonking as I for one have had enough of our manager.. And the sooner he his gone the better.. For sure a win tomorrow would likely save Warnocks job for the season regardless of our pathetic form in the league and his pathetic excuses for it!

Good to see the game a sell out, well done to the decision makers on ticket prices.. Will try to enjoy my day tomorrow ;)

If City start out with the same mentality as they did against Saints and Liverpool, you will have a chance of getting a result, if we approach it like we did the last round against Watford i think we will win 3-0. I think we will be fired up tomorrow.

Yeah , i'd agree with that .....

the thing is about cup games , the margin of a win doesn't really matter (unless it's a two legged 'aggregate' tie) , so it's merely WINNING the game that matters ..... goal difference doesn't come into play in the cup , so a 1-0 win is just as effective as a 6-0 one.

Even our critics will EXPECT us to beat Leeds , and especially at home .... for example Lawro expects us to win 2-0 , and David Pleat 3-0 , so whether we win narrowly , or by a landslide , we probably won't get much of a reaction from both cynics and pundits alike , who await our every flop ....... although , as City fans , we'd obviously feel much better if the side pulled off a resounding 6-0 win , than struggled home against a mid table Championship side by the only goal of the game ...... whereas Leeds fans would rightfully credit their team if they came here , gave a good account of themselves , and only lost by the one goal.

xzbit04 said:
No Barry so chance for Rodders

------------Pantilimon
Kolarov--Nastasic-Lescott/Garcia--Zaba
----------Rodwell--Yaya
Silva--------Aguero-------------Milner/Sinclair
--------------Dzeko

Never want to see Garcia played in the back 4 ever again.....positioning is useless .....

PANTS

ZAB KOLO NASTASTIC CLICHY

MILNER RODWELL YAYA SILVA

AGUERO TEVEZ

LoveCity said:
MCFC BOB said:
LoveCity said:
Warnock's comments have my blood boiling, I wonder how Leeds fans feel. A member of the Fergie "6pts club", I bet Fergie hopes old rivals Leeds come up if this **** is in charge! Let's batter them!
What's wrong with what he said?

We aren't second because of Ferguson, we're second because of our own failings. The arse-kisser Warnock who is waiting for an invite to Ferguson's northern managers meetings at San Carlo adopts a disgustingly sycophantic tone and disrespects Mancini in the process, the whole interview is horribly obnoxious. Oh and the last comment, would he say that about United? Would the words "I had to laugh when I saw Sir Alex saying" ever come out of his big mouth? Of course not but you'll probably say he would.
I think you're looking at it a slightly different way to me. I think he's talking in relation to us while admiring how impressive United have been this season. If United weren't 12 points clear and on for the highest points total in Premier League history I'd agree that we're second down to our own faults, but I don't even think last season's squad would stop this United team. We got under Ferguson's skin like Mourinho did, so he's doing what he did back then and winning the title back at any cost.

Sorry to trouble you people but am running out of time, is this on tv/stream?
Many Thanx

Daz_Blue said:
xzbit04 said:
Never want to see Garcia played in the back 4 ever again.....positioning is useless .....

Be honest , did you genuinely think , before he played there , that he'd be a resounding success ?

Because I certainly didn 't !

He isn't mobile enough ... more than a few of his tackles , since he's been here , have been 'late' , to say the least .... and he's hardly a commanding figure.

Leeds will make life very difficult for us, but we should win if our own attitude is 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.