City Vs Middlesbrough (FA Cup) Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
grim up north said:
Damocles said:
grim up north said:
And if we get beat with some kids in the side that's ok then?

Getting beaten with a kid in your side is one more positive than getting beaten with your full team out. At least you've learnt something.

Funnily enough, Jose Mourinho has no problems with it and has yet again put out a team involving youth team players with a couple of the bench. We have Lampard on the bench.

Getting beat is not a positive in anyone's books

If Burton Albion went to the Nou Camp and got beat 1-0 in the last minute with a dodgy pen but dominated the game there are positives in the defeat.

Suggesting there are never any positives in a defeat is ridiculous and under any other circumstances you would never suggest as much

grim up north said:
Damocles said:
grim up north said:
And if we get beat with some kids in the side that's ok then?

Getting beaten with a kid in your side is one more positive than getting beaten with your full team out. At least you've learnt something.

Funnily enough, Jose Mourinho has no problems with it and has yet again put out a team involving youth team players with a couple of the bench. We have Lampard on the bench.

True, also "The Great Jose Mourinho" well, we must do it if he does it eh? What did he win at Chelsea last season? And what did Pellers win?

Oh ok then.

Strange place Bluemoon, surely the only place where people are shocked and disgusted that our manager has selected the strongest players available to him in order to see us progress in a competition. I guess Manuel didn't get the memo about it being better to lose with youngsters.

Damocles said:
grim up north said:
Damocles said:

If Burton Albion went to the Nou Camp and got beat 1-0 in the last minute with a dodgy pen but dominated the game there are positives in the defeat.

Suggesting there are never any positives in a defeat is ridiculous and under any other circumstances you would never suggest as much

With that analogy I'm giving up , plenty of positives in our defeat to Arsenal I take it.

Damocles said:
grim up north said:
Damocles said:

Losing in the cup to a team in the Championship when you are the Champions can never be a positive.

Your analogy is hardly commensurate.

Very disappointed with the squad to the point that I 'm actually not that bothered about the result today. The only conclusion to be drawn is that Pellegrini does not have long-term vision for this team nor does he have the ability to communicate with and motivate young players. It represents little or no risk to have one or two youth players on the bench but he's too focused on the short-term to see the bigger picture. We will never know whether they could be good enough unless they are given a chance and from what I gather they didn't let themselves down in midweek. Holistic my arse.

SWP's back said:
grim up north said:
Damocles said:

True, also "The Great Jose Mourinho" well, we must do it if he does it eh? What did he win at Chelsea last season? And what did Pellers win?

Oh ok then.

Yes, let's compare the trophy records of Jose Mourinho and Manuel Pellegrini.

How many Champions League has Pellegrini won? How many top division leagues has he won? National Cups?

Oh ok then.

There is a significant gap between EDS level and playing a Championship side that his going for promotion to the Premier League. I could understand if we were playing a League 1 club.

I'd like to see more lads play but would it help them that much if - like in that match where Pozo had to start - the first teamers more or less would not pass to them?

I imagine Aguero and Dzeko needing to get back to fitness and Jovetic being in the shop window is three spots right there that are filled automatically. Boyata has to be used at some point so there is another.

Seems like a lot of the theoretically potential youth players are either out on loan or injured at the moment. You could envision Barker being at least on the bench, maybe, though.

kalouk said:
Strange place Bluemoon, surely the only place where people are shocked and disgusted that our manager has selected the strongest players available to him in order to see us progress in a competition. I guess Manuel didn't get the memo about it being better to lose with youngsters.

That's not what anybody said moron. I said that there are more positives in a defeat where a couple of kids took their chance than there is in a game where you have 11 disappointing first team players.

That's a million miles away from what you said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.