City Vs Middlesbrough (FA Cup) Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
SWP's back said:
Damocles said:
Ray78 said:
Nope 2nd.

Why did I think they were 12th?

Still, a Championship side against the Premier League Champions at home. This isn't Barca we're playing here, it's exactly the type of game where we should have young players involved
I refer you back to the previous two seasons.

Against Wigan when we lost in the 5th? Round

Pantilimon, Richards, Demichelis, Lescott, Clichy, Navas (Milner 53), Yaya Toure (Silva 53), Garcia, Nasri, Negredo (Dzeko 53), Aguero

Not a lot of youngsters on display there. We lost because the first teamers regularly have a collective can't be arsed in the early rounds of the cup and there weren't any youngster on display when Newcastle twatted us either.

blueste41 said:
Damocles said:
blueste41 said:
Very good point, very well made

Can I remind you how many youth players we played in those two defeats in this competition?

None, and we still got beat!

Lopes against Watford and he struggled. We won 4-2 but had to rely on Aguero to claw back the tie.

grim up north said:
blueste41 said:
Damocles said:
Can I remind you how many youth players we played in those two defeats in this competition?

And if we get beat with some kids in the side that's ok then?

Getting beaten with a kid in your side is one more positive than getting beaten with your full team out. At least you've learnt something.

Funnily enough, Jose Mourinho has no problems with it and has yet again put out a team involving youth team players with a couple of the bench. We have Lampard on the bench.

Ray78 said:
Lopes against Watford and he struggled. We won 4-2 but had to rely on Aguero to claw back the tie.

The game before he setup two goals and was there on merit. He "struggled" against Watford and he has never played for the first team ever again

I hope we aren't as casual as we were against Wigan last season. Have a bad feeling today....

I am extremely annoyed that there are no kids participating today, what is the point in having a in academy when they can't get a game, a glimmer of hope?

At the end of the day, Manuel won't risk his job playing kids, and the sand will happen with every manager that joins unless it's forced in them.

Damocles said:
SWP's back said:
Damocles said:
Why did I think they were 12th?

Still, a Championship side against the Premier League Champions at home. This isn't Barca we're playing here, it's exactly the type of game where we should have young players involved
I refer you back to the previous two seasons.

The previous two season we got beat with 0 youth players in the team. Maybe we should change that and have some desire and determination from the second string this team round?

Is your solution to keep doing the same thing we've done for the past two seasons and hope we get a different outcome?
You said:

Still, a Championship side against the Premier League Champions at home. This isn't Barca we're playing here

That was dismissing them as shite.

And no, we aren't doing the same as the previous two seasons, we are starting Aguero, Silva and Kompany and I am sure they will have had a rocket in the last ten minutes or so.

Damocles said:
grim up north said:
blueste41 said:

And if we get beat with some kids in the side that's ok then?

Getting beaten with a kid in your side is one more positive than getting beaten with your full team out. At least you've learnt something.

Funnily enough, Jose Mourinho has no problems with it and has yet again put out a team involving youth team players with a couple of the bench. We have Lampard on the bench.

Getting beat is not a positive in anyone's books

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.