City Vs QPR The Final Game Post match Thread

when it was 2-1 to them i assured my wife and daughter , who were in tears, we'd win. the clock said 85, i assured them you can score 2 goals in 5 mins.on 90 they both glared at me. then 5 mins went up on the board.once again i told them we'd win. what unfolded will live me forever.to see the two greatest people in the world so overjoyed was everything to me.

thank you City, only you could do this.

when it was 2-1 to them i assured my wife and daughter , who were in tears, we'd win. the clock said 85, i assured them you can score 2 goals in 5 mins.on 90 they both glared at me. then 5 mins went up on the board.once again i told them we'd win. what unfolded will live me forever.to see the two greatest people in the world so overjoyed was everything to me.

Now you’d be stood there waiting for var to decide who wins the league ...just what have we all lost

Now you’d be stood there waiting for var to decide who wins the league ...just what have we all lost
Yes and no, as with the Spurs & Chelsea goals you'd still be bouncing around not thinking about VAR in the moment but the down from the 93:20 being chalked off could very well be a riot.

One thing is for sure, there'd be no watching the screen stuff us as we'd still be all limbs as they did us.

We've seen the last 2 greatest City moments in the game & the Leicester one, footie is dying.

When Dzeko made it 2-2, from the resulting kick off QPR just booted the ball straight to Hart. When Nasri let the ball run out thinking it was a City throw, but it went to QPR, they gave the ball to us straight from that throw, without bothering to waste time, or try and keep it. From that Aguero scored, and again from the kick off, they just booted the ball to Hart. There was still under a minute left, but they showed absolutely no intent on doing anything, and the referee just decided to blow up early. QPR only knew they were safe when we were on the attack that led to Aguero's winner, so it seems strange they didn't bother to waste time or keep the ball when they had that throw in Nasri gifted them that SWP won.

For me, that day will never be topped. I don't think I will ever feel as I did when Aguero got that goal. Things have changed too much, and we're now one of the top teams. Then we were still emerging. I love where the club is now, but I do miss being the underdog in a way.

They were giving the ball to us as they didn't want to lose their defensive shape while they had an active score. When we scored, they probably just didn't want to bother anymore.

other way around in our house, daughter and I were just sat glum faced and resigned to another typical city moment, wife, who "doesn't like football" until it's on and she's swearing at the telly, telling us we would win, still not believing when Dzeko scored, then a triple knee slide across the living room floor (that hurts later when you're late forties with knackered knees btw) when the ball went in for the third

sat round my dads house with my kid brother and my son, all I could hear was my son text message tone going after most of the second half as his scum mates kept texting him taking the piss. I had come to terms with having to walk around the town in my City shirt as the scum took the piss, I was ready to puff my chest out and say f**k off. Than Dzeko scored we celebrated abit and I noticed my sons text tone had stopped, than Aguerooooooooooo, I fell from my chair to the floor in floods of tears, my son was crying and laughing so was our kid and my dad sat there with a great big smile and he said that's for you Pam , his wife (of 52 years) our mum who passed away a few months earlier. I thing for about 30 minutes after the match I just sat in silence I couldn't take in what had just happen , I wanted to jump around like a numpty but I was empty I had nothing left I was so knacked emotionally I couldnt move, I was in a daze.

we parked our car in the normal place and my lad and I walked towards our house in our City shirts etc than at the traffic lights pulled up a car full of City fans with flags and scarfs hanging out the car , very rare to see City fans in Margate !. So with the people in the car and us we sang champions champions champions even after the lights went green in the car didn't move as we all sang and danced in the street. Not one car pipped at us which was odd.

than at about 8pm there was a knock on the door its was big Rob and I mean big muscles on muscles from Salford a big utd fan from round the corner. My lad said you aren't going to answer the door are you dad ? I did and big Rob put his hand out we shock hands and he said ' you deserved that ' and of he went.

My mate, who's a West Ham fan, turned round to me after Dzeko scored and said "I'm surprised you've scored again, what with all those near misses". Utd fans in the corner still gloating, me shaking like a shitting dog. After I'd picked myself off the floor 4mins later, my mate had lined up blue and white shots along the edge of the bar. God knows what they were but a very kind gesture and they were sunk in seconds! I hope one day I can repay him with some claret & blue shots.

I put a lucky charm on the match ball when I threw it to Zabaleta leading to the corner that led to Dzekos goal,that makes me the last City fan to
touch the ball before the Aguerooooo moment,priceless,what a day and emotional rollercoaster that was...

Re: QPR fans

I'd like to think that any fan of a club which has spent the majority of its time outside the top 6 are proper football fans and will naturally respect what we went through yesterday.

But the time when neutrals had a soft-spot for City are coming to an end

Spot on with the last paragraph, but doubt any of us thought the media driven hatred and jealousy would have been this bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.