City Vs Reading Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Train said:
Fraggle Rock said:
I never like saying we will win but Reading are coming here already beaten so if we can't win then I will be very very shocked.

The key for me though is score within 10 minutes and it could be a complete and utter goal fest.

What they say & they think are two different things. They have nothing to lose by coming in with an underdogs mentality.

Anything can happen over 95 minutes.

Current form , quality of players etc suggest we should win but you take nothing for granted in any game.

mancity1 said:
Fraggle Rock said:
I never like saying we will win but Reading are coming here already beaten so if we can't win then I will be very very shocked.

The key for me though is score within 10 minutes and it could be a complete and utter goal fest.

Some of their supporters may be thinking they will struggle but I doubt the players and management will think they cannot win.

After 6 straight defeats its not looking too good for them but remember Blackburn at Manure last season.

Funny things happen but I hope and trust today is not one of them.

the only way we could lose is the inexplicable way that sequences so often stop at six. no rhyme or reason just an observation.

bellbuzzer said:
mancity1 said:
Fraggle Rock said:

Some of their supporters may be thinking they will struggle but I doubt the players and management will think they cannot win.

After 6 straight defeats its not looking too good for them but remember Blackburn at Manure last season.

the only way we could lose is the inexplicable way that sequences so often stop at six. no rhyme or reason just an observation.

Haven't done any analysis on it but I will take your word on it.

If its the case however it should be able to be explained.

Can't recall when six was a significant number for our fortunes other than at the swamp last year of course.

Hoping 7 is a lucky number for Reading , 7 losses on the spin that is.

mancity1 said:
bellbuzzer said:
mancity1 said:

Can't recall when six was a significant number for our fortunes other than at the swamp last year of course.

it's one of those things i noticed many years ago and keep an eye on from time to time. logic says 6-0 to us will that do:)

bellbuzzer said:
mancity1 said:
bellbuzzer said:

it's one of those things i noticed many years ago and keep an eye on from time to time. logic says 6-0 to us will that do:)

Any margin will do me just fine.

mancity1 said:
Train said:
Fraggle Rock said:

What they say & they think are two different things. They have nothing to lose by coming in with an underdogs mentality.

Anything can happen over 95 minutes.

Current form , quality of players etc suggest we should win but you take nothing for granted in any game.

Exactly. Oddly one of my greatest worries going into any game against teams we know we should beat is some fucking flukey through ball that has someone stranded as the last man and us going down to ten.

Goal difference should be a considering after last season, but a solid performance with a defensive shut out and a couple of good well worked goals is much better than a skin of your teeth 4-1 with some lucky half chances and a dodgy penalty (like Villa).

Hart
Zabaleta - kolo - nasty - clichy
Yaya - Garcia
Milner - tevez- silva
Dzeko

Bench: panti, Lescott, maicon, Barry, sinclair, Aguero,

To be honest we should be winning this handily no matter the team we put out.

The attacks down the right could be interesting. Ian Harte wasn't blessed with pace even in his prime. I'd put Sinclair against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.