City vs Real Madrid Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
andrewmswift said:
robbieh said:
With Clichy being out Mancini's hand was probably forced.

But a midfield 3 of Yaya, Nasri and Silva.

I'd swap Edin for Barry.

love barry quite a bit, but I don't think he has the acceleration to cope with CL speed. his overall pace is very slow, yes, but you can get away with it if you're quick, and he's just not.

You are right and that is probably why RM has left him out. So we are going for a Barca type formation. Yaya will have to do the Busquets role. Lots of clever little players running around him.

andrewmswift said:
robbieh said:
With Clichy being out Mancini's hand was probably forced.

But a midfield 3 of Yaya, Nasri and Silva.

I'd swap Edin for Barry.

love barry quite a bit, but I don't think he has the acceleration to cope with CL speed. his overall pace is very slow, yes, but you can get away with it if you're quick, and he's just not.

He's just as pacey as Alonso imho.
The problem is he is not as good as him at intercepting and reading opposition's passing scheme.
But he counters that downside with his workrate, always gives 110%.

ZZmaestro said:
He's just as pacey as Alonso imho.
The problem is he is not as good as him at intercepting and reading opposition's passing scheme.
But he counters that downside with his workrate, always gives 110%.

It's funny, because i'd consider his reading of the game and tactical awareness to be his biggest strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.