City vs Southampton pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to take the chances we create otherwise we will come away with nothing.

Overdue a clinical performance and a clean sheet.

All things considered our last 4 games are well below the standard required to compete for the big end of things in both Comps.

Would be great if we started taking our chances.

Won't be easy as they'll put 10 men in front of goal again.

They will and they are good at it with hardly any goals conceded. They played really well at West Ham and are a dangerous side.

We need to be on it from the start to the finish.

Hopefully Kompany can play to bring some leadership to the game.

As the full backs are so crap, a similar line up to Everton but with Sane in and Aguero.

I will take any win in this. I am not overly bothered how we achieve it but it has to be a win because this run needs to be broken.

Would be great if we started taking our chances.

Won't be easy as they'll put 10 men in front of goal again.

It's not easy if they press high, it's not easy if they park, it's not easy if they put long balls over the top. So what is easy for us then?

They play in the San Siro tonight so will go full strength

Kun back in and raring to go. I can see us taking out our frustrations from last night on a tired Saints and giving them a bit of a battering

Must win via any means possible. Can't go 5 games, potentially 6 games without a win after a 10 winning streak. I'd go back to what worked so well at the start of the season, 4-1-4-1 with the front 5 of Nolito, Silva, De Bruyne, Sterling & Aguero.

After the last few games where we've been the master of our own downfall :( I expect Southampton to follow the Spurs/Everton mode and press hard with long balls over the top.

---------------------Willie
-------Stones-----Kompany------Otamendi
--------------------Fernandinio----Gundogan
-------Sterling-----Silva------KDB------Sane/Nolito
-------------------Aguero

for a 1-0 win :)

After the last few games where we've been the master of our own downfall :( I expect Southampton to follow the Spurs/Everton mode and press hard with long balls over the top.

---------------------Willie
-------Stones-----Kompany------Otamendi
--------------------Fernandinio----Gundogan
-------Sterling-----Silva------KDB------Sane/Nolito
-------------------Aguero

for a 1-0 win :)

Why Willy in goal??

I would like to see the rest, maybe Sane in for Sterling? Nothing wrong with Sterling's performances, I would just like the big man given a bit of game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.