City vs Southampton pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great opportunity to get back to winning ways. For me we need to go back to the early set up, aim to have the most of the ball and be positive with it when we do have it.

For me that means an aggressive front 4/5 of Nolito, KDB, Silva, Sterling and Aguero, but open to the idea of Silva or KDB dropping to the bench for a rest and Sane coming in on one flank. But the key will be winning the battle in the middle of the park - if we ave more of the ball than Claise,Davies/Hjoberg and Romeu, who should start for them in midfield, and can watch Redmond on the break, then we should win this one. We need to get the ball in he back of the net to restore confidence.

Hope Vinny can make it a rare start but no sense in taking chances, Ota is great at cutting out crosses and I can imagine Austin being the target of several. I'd select Clichy given Redmond's pace thought at LB. I'd also give the lad Maffeo a start, might be tough against Tadic but got to start somewhere.

Therefore something like this, though I'm not up to date on injuries.

--------------Bravo----------------

Maffeo----Stones----Ota-----Clichy

---------------Fernandinho--------

---------KDB-------------Silva--------------

Sterling-----------------------Nolito--------

---------------Aguero------------------------

Subs

Willy
Vinny
Kolarov
Fernando
Gundogan
Kelechi
Sane

Last edited:
I can see Austin scoring a couple, so it's whether we can get 3.

he can't score if they don't have the ball.

3 at the back and Kompany and Kun back into the team I reckon. Maybe a start from Sane and a rest for Nolito or Raheem.

I expect us to wallop them on the back of last night.

Presume Zabaleta will be unavailable, so either Maffeo or Clichy will come in, and Aguero will start but other than that it's hard to call. I'd like to see Sane given another chance to impress.

Sane and Sterling on opposite sides will cause a lot of problems this weekend. Kompany should get a start as well. Bottom line, the next 3 to 4 league games are winnable and hopefully we put our chances away. Had we done that in the first half against Barca, it would have been a different outcome

BRAVO
OTA STONES KOMPS
DINHO GUNG
STIRLING DAVE KEV NOLITO
SERGIO

No more 3 at the back please!

We just need an early goal, settle everyone done (players as well as fans) and will force them to be more open. So we have to start fast and batter them quickly, get some shots on target would be nice..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.