City vs West Brom Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluemoon98

Hope to bounce back from tonight's tesult and now fully focusing on the league get a positive result. Cries out in my opinion that it could be one of those games.

Hopefully 3-1 city aguero getting 2 goals and bony getting his first ;)

It's now time for the difficult task of trying to guess what Pellegrini's team will be.

Firstly we need to follow the 3 steps of picking a Pellers team.

1. It's going to be 442
2. There has to be at least 2 changes to the back 4. AT LEAST!! Around 5 changes in total.
3. A player not picked to even sit on the bench of tonight's game will be involved (probably from the start).

Here goes....

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Mangala
Clichy
Navas
Fernandinho
Yaya
Silva
Aguero
Bony

Clearly 442, 5 changes of which 3 are in the back 4, Mangala starts after sitting at home watching Barca like the rest of us.

That meets all the criteria

bluemoon98 said:
Hope to bounce back from tonight's tesult and now fully focusing on the league get a positive result. Cries out in my opinion that it could be one of those games.

Hopefully 3-1 city aguero getting 2 goals and bony getting his first ;)

Obviously we all want a City win, but I can't see how we can score three past a Tony Pulis side.

This is going to be a horrible game and 1-0 will do.

We can't afford to conceed against these and the message to our manager is "these guys score most of their goals from setpieces like corners"!!!!

I'd love to be optimistic but I just don't see any goals in this team at the moment. Here's hoping.

Not at all optimistic. Should thrash them 4 or 5 nil but the team are playing poorly and Void of anything creative so I can easily see a score draw. Hope hart carrys his form into this game to give us a chance.

Even despite our shocking form I still expect us to beat West Brom, who themselves have key injuries going into this game.

Palace away as soon as we come back fron the international break is the more worrying fixture for me, that followed by United away the week after.

If we don't win this weekend I will really start getting concerned about our top 4 status, like I said earlier though, I still expect us to win.

I think I'll be a bit controversial and put Kun on the bench for the first half and give Jovetic a start behind Bony. And FYI I am not having a go at Kun, I'm just trying to find a way out of our slump, and thinking outside the box sometimes produces good results.

Rationale for this crazy suggestion being that Bony operates better as a lone striker and he challenges well for Joe's clearances up the pitch. And both he and Stevan are keen to impress so should play with energy and enthusiasm.

And David, Stevan and Yaya can play their nice little triangles with incisive passes into the box for Bony preferably on Lescott's side as he isn't the quickest defender.

Then at half time I'd bring Kun on in place of either Bony or Jovetic depending on how they've played and the situation.

But the most important thing that Pelle and the defenders can do is to study WBA's recent goals, mainly from corners. Not only will that help us defend them but might even give a few ideas on how we should be taking our corners.

Big game this. With United-Pool playing eachother we have a huge chance to get breathing space for the top 4. Next 2 games are vital and we have to win them anyhow.

I'm dreading this and I never thought I would ever say that about West Brom at home.

We just look completely shot to me. We can't score and never look like keeping a clean sheet.

I would make a number of changes for this one to freshen things up as some of our players looked dead of their feet last night.

It's shit or bust for us now make no mistake about that.

This season has been awful from start to finish.

---------Hart-------
Zab--Komps-Mangala-Clichy
----Milner--Fernandinho------
Navas-----Silva----Jovetic
-----------Bony---------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.