City vs West Brom Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I await another Pulis masterclass from the Welsh Rinus Michels - Manager of the Season! Eleven behind the ball, just the way the Dutch played in the seventies!! Joeleoninho to score from their only corner or dodgy free kick!

I hope to be terribly disappointed!!

Really well organised Pulis team who will work very hard (well you can pretty much guarantee they will work harder than us anyway) and hit us on the break. Just as much chance they will win 1-0 as we will especially if our defence do their usual disappearing trick. If we don't win I would think there's every chance Pellegrini won't be in charge for Palace.

mancity dan said:
This has turned into a massive game for us now. Win and we will extend our lead over Candlepool/Rags or both.

Lose or Draw and we get sucked into the race for 4th.

Pretty sure we already are.

citymad said:
Not at all optimistic. Should thrash them 4 or 5 nil but the team are playing poorly and Void of anything creative so I can easily see a score draw. Hope hart carrys his form into this game to give us a chance.

So we are relying on Hart to give us a chance.

Really???

mayo31 said:
citymad said:
Not at all optimistic. Should thrash them 4 or 5 nil but the team are playing poorly and Void of anything creative so I can easily see a score draw. Hope hart carrys his form into this game to give us a chance.

So we are relying on Hart to give us a chance.

Really???

Considering the number of chances that Barca had it is a miracle that we only lost 1-0 and 2-1 in the Etihad fixture.

The question is really why players of a lower quality than Barca's can fashion a goal from very few chances. Our vulnerability to teams who defend in depth yet can attack with deadly efficiency is a mystery to me.
Perhaps the Barca's of this world could learn a little about finishing from the likes of Burnley etc., this seems unlikely so why do we concede so often against inferior opposition ?

LadislavMplmx said:
where's all this "Pulis team" shite come from....Jamie Redknapp?

Don't you think his teams tend to be well organised and hard working? You know exactly what you're going to get from his sides because he has a very particular way of setting his teams up and it doesn't vary at all hence "pulis team." It isn't even necessarily a compliment because his teams are horrible to watch.

Huge game.

Literally a must win, just to get our confidence back if nothing else.

Yaya shouldn't start in this game, 3 games in a week would be too much for him.

I'd like to see Bony and Aguero up front again, perfect for games like this.

Navas and Silva on the wings, Milner pairing Fernandinho in centre midfield.

Not going to even try and predict our defence, it's a lucky dip, especially the two full backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.