City Women - Champions and Continental Cup Winners 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just watching the 1st round Olympics match, USA vs New Zealand. I guess to fit all the matches in they have to start before the Olympics opening ceremony - I seem to recall something similar four years ago.

However, as City played Reading earlier this evening, I guess that means we have no Ladies British team at Rio. Can anyone tell me why?

I would assume that with the strength of the womens game now, we could at least consider a bronze medal as a possibility, if not the gold.

It would be better to watch than loads of the dodgy sports that will be getting air-time, rifle shooting, dancing horses, golf and all that.... I'm puzzled.

P.S. The US goalie is called Hope Solo! Is she related to Han?

Last edited:
I'm just watching the 1st round Olympics match, USA vs New Zealand. I guess to fit all the matches in they have to start before the Olympics opening ceremony - I seem to recall something similar four years ago.

However, as City played Reading earlier this evening, I guess that means we have no Ladies British team at Rio. Can anyone tell me why?

I would assume that with the strength of the womens game now, we could at least consider a bronze medal as a possibility, if not the gold.

It would be better to watch than loads of the dodgy sports that will be getting air-time, rifle shooting, dancing horses, golf and all that.... I'm puzzled.

Don't think Hope is related to Han Solo but I know she's a blue .

The various FAs are scared that FIFA would make us play as GB in World Cups and Euros.

We couldn't have an English sided and would have had to put a GB side it which hasn't happened. Shame really after the World Cup that we seem to be held back.

I think the only City player in the ladies teams in the Swede Kosovare Asllani.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.