City Women - Champions and Continental Cup Winners 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Dodge said:
I think you should read the contents of my post, most especially the enlarged bit, as your post suggests you have conspicuously failed to do so, possibly because anger is consuming you to the point that's it's impairing your ability to rationalise and think.

Do you think people should be referred to in terms they don't wish? Should we call black people "niggers" because it's only words? The principle is the same.

I'd be very surprised if Toni Duggan wished to be referred to as a 'girl', most certainly in a pejorative sense. On that basis, she should be shown the courtesy of not being referred to in those terms. Failure to do so renders people to be rude, inconsiderate c**ts.

If your wife and daughter feel differently then that is an entirely different matter. So on that basis, no, you're not being rude to them.

I often refer to my girlfriends in similar terms, but if they asked me to stop, I would.

Then dump them.

Angry? Me? I actually find all this quite comical. My 600-odd posts in 8 years on here should tell you I'm not that arsed about getting involved in the lively debates on here. To be honest, its a quiet week at work and I kinda latched onto this to relieve the boredom.

I'm not in the slightest bit "angry" about the actions of these giddy "women", more angry about the performance of the "boys" team at the Swamp.

So, pray tell, are you on the wind up or did you just compare this "issue" in N-word terms? Because, if you are serious, it says a damned sight more about you than it does me my friend..
I'm not on the wind-up at all.

Do you think people should be referred to in terms that they do not wish?

It's a straightforward question.

I really cannot believe I've been trolled into this conversation, but I'll indulge you and your straight forward question (although it's actually quite complex).

No.

There you go..

Cheesy said:
coleridge said:
What is 'Political Correctness'? When you cut through all the....errr....politics, ultimately it is about politeness. It is about referring to people in a way they would wish to be referred to, which displays both manners and consideration for others.

I don't expect Toni Duggan would wish to be referred to as a 'girl' and therefore people should desist from so doing, out of politeness, much the same as black people don't wish to be referred to in certain terms any more.

Cheers GDM. It's been like Tuesday Trolling Bingo on here today.

A special mention for the 'PC gone made' posters. A timeless classic of blandness.

In this interview she refers to herself and her teammates as girls several times. At one point she even refers to the mens team as "the lads" the condescending woman.

<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2260028-man-city-womens-star-toni-duggan-talks-sergio-aguero-and-playing-for-england" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2260 ... or-england</a>

PMSL.

Cheesy said:
coleridge said:
What is 'Political Correctness'? When you cut through all the....errr....politics, ultimately it is about politeness. It is about referring to people in a way they would wish to be referred to, which displays both manners and consideration for others.

I don't expect Toni Duggan would wish to be referred to as a 'girl' and therefore people should desist from so doing, out of politeness, much the same as black people don't wish to be referred to in certain terms any more.

A special mention for the 'PC gone made' posters. A timeless classic of blandness.

In this interview she refers to herself and her teammates as girls several times. At one point she even refers to the mens team as "the lads" the condescending woman.

<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2260028-man-city-womens-star-toni-duggan-talks-sergio-aguero-and-playing-for-england" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2260 ... or-england</a>
It's all about context though. "Girl" like "boy" is a term which can be conveyed in a very disparaging, condescending, disrespectful manner. When I was younger if someone older and more experienced than me referred to me as "boy", or "young man" for that matter, in that way, I would have told him to go fuck himself, and frequently did, in fact. It's usually not the word, it's the context it's said in; from whom and to who it's said and why.

Dodge said:
Dodge said:
Angry? Me? I actually find all this quite comical. My 600-odd posts in 8 years on here should tell you I'm not that arsed about getting involved in the lively debates on here. To be honest, its a quiet week at work and I kinda latched onto this to relieve the boredom.

I'm not in the slightest bit "angry" about the actions of these giddy "women", more angry about the performance of the "boys" team at the Swamp.

So, pray tell, are you on the wind up or did you just compare this "issue" in N-word terms? Because, if you are serious, it says a damned sight more about you than it does me my friend..
I'm not on the wind-up at all.

Do you think people should be referred to in terms that they do not wish?

It's a straightforward question.

I really cannot believe I've been trolled into this conversation, but I'll indulge you and your straight forward question (although it's actually quite complex).

No.

There you go..
Glad we've established that. On that basis I do not believe that Toni Duggan would wish to be referred to as a "girl" pejoratively. That is what I am basing my view on.

I could be wrong, of course. She might quite like it.

Cheesy said:
coleridge said:

It's all about context though. "Girl" like "boy" is a term which can be conveyed in a very disparaging, condescending, disrespectful manner. When I was younger if someone older and more experienced than me referred to me as "boy", or "young man" for that matter, in that way, I would have told him to go fuck himself, and frequently did, in fact. It's usually not the word, it's the context it's said in; from whom and to who it's said and why.

OK GDM (I hope it's not demeaning for me to address you in this way), can I refer you to an unanswered question that I asked Coleridge some time ago?

When Boots ran a campaign for No7 cosmetics, aimed at the brands demographic of 23-35 year olds, using the strap line "here come the girls", did they demean & disrespect their target audience by using this phrase?

It's a straight forward question.

Dodge said:
Cheesy said:

OK GDM (I hope it's not demeaning for me to address you in this way), can I refer you to an unanswered question that I asked Coleridge some time ago?

When Boots ran a campaign for No7 cosmetics, aimed at the brands demographic of 23-35 year olds, using the strap line "here come the girls", did they demean & disrespect their target audience by using this phrase?

Of course you can call me that :-)

No. They'd be be insane if it did.

Hey, GDM, aren't you bored with this Trolling rubbish yet?

I'm back at LVG's pool bar. Come along if you have time. Laters...

f08f6b516d3f0c503c1ee5bba52d1064.jpg

Calm down blues.

Alrite, the poor scouse lass that plays for the City side made an error of judgement posting that picture with Butthead just after the derby match. But the women was celebrating the quarter finals over Brum.

She's apologize, then move the feck on, and support the club.

All the anger, slagging off and mouth frothing should be directed to Crappenberg and his linos in her stead.

Lucky bastard the tactical turtle head surrounded by blues beauties. I am blue with jealousy now.

"Stupid girl"

vs

"Stupid woman"

has very different connotations. Think I'm with GDM on this one. Stupid woman sounds like they're stupid AND a woman, stupid girl sounds like they're stupid BECAUSE they're a girl. Just how I interpret it personally, your mileage may vary.

Dodge said:

Of course you can call me that :-)

No. They'd be be insane if it did.

For 4 years Boots ran this theme and took No7 to an unprecedented level of sales. I didn't see many women staging mass protests outside the "worlds largest health & beauty retailer" complaining about their demeaning portrayal of women.

But, I suppose its all about context eh?

Just saying..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.