City_rabin

‘Real Blues’ Haha.

Wow, what a relief! Looks like I’m a real blue... Manc, live in Manc, family all blues, we watch every game together, I’ve seen us shit and good etc.... whoopee dooo!

Don’t make me laugh, I have it easy to be a ‘real blue’ then.

I don‘t set my alarm at 3am/4am just to watch us every week.
I don’t have to save thousands for the trip of a lifetime just to watch us.
I don’t have to explain myself to other fans about why or how I came a blue - coz I’m from Manchester.
I don’t have to worry about my accent in or around the Etihad.

Its easy for me, but in my view some of these fans from overseas or around the UK are just as dedicated and just as obsessed as I am.

If you love City and City is part of who you are, that’s all that matters.
Other people can’t tell you what you are or what ’type of blue‘ you are haha. Madness.

Enjoy the game today, EVERYONE :-)

Last edited:
Put simply if we weren’t winning titles every season these ‘so called’ fans claiming to support us would’ve never considered us. End of.

Real mancs are blues, real blues are mancs

What a load of cods. A few year ago we were on holiday in Hawaii and I met a guy and his wife in a car park both wearing City shirts. They were from Seattle. I asked them why City? They said that they had loved footie and wanted a team to support and looked at all the teams in the PL but had chosen City because, at the time, we were not winning everything! They were coming over for their very first trip to City to see the Liverpool game and a couple of others. They watch every game they can on TV. Are they less a City Fan? What about people like Kiwiblue who gets up at God knows what time to watch us? I now live in near Boston, UK and I go to every home game and it is a 10 hour trip for me to get 'home' and back am I not a 'true blue'? I am now 71 and supported City all my life am I not a 'true blue'?

Put simply if we weren’t winning titles every season these ‘so called’ fans claiming to support us would’ve never considered us. End of.

Real mancs are blues, real blues are mancs
So, what youre saying is that the nearest football team to where you live, is the only team you can support?

implicitly saying that anyone outside the immediate environs of Maine road, shouldn’t have been a city supporter from 1926-2003, because there are (any type of) football clubs that are closer to their homes?

and that when city moved to Eastlands they should have changed to their new nearest local team?

give over.

bloom-coiunty-civilizing-things.jpg

Think he's talking about post 2008 City fans. Exiled blues are real mancs in my book.
If we only count pre-2008 fans will run out of fans I guessing in 2040. It’s all bollocks, I don’t care who, when and where city fans come. Not lived in Manchester for 35 years, my sons have never lived in Manchester, but have been bluer than I ever was when they were kids, and there 20ish now so started with sven.

I remember walking down Denmark Road from Hulme to Maine Road. I used to love the fact that coaches came from all over to follow us. Maybe not as many as United, but we still had supporters clubs in other countries FFS and I was proud of that.

The fact that we now have fans in America, Africa and Asia is absolutely fine by me.
100%

When I’m walking to the ground and see city coaches from the midlands, down south etc and fans from all over the world round the ground I get a tremendous feeling of pride that OUR club is reaching so many people.

They have to make the same level of commitment to a home game as most of us would for an away game (setting off at 7am, ticket, coach, food, beer, getting home late, missing social events, etc) which is a massive commitment.

Makes me feel incredibly grateful, proud and lucky to be from Manchester.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.