Citycard

crossthepond

Hey I'm curious your thoughts on the Seasoncard, Citycard and Access Card...

Have you found that the use of the Citycard has overall been a positive change from the past? What do you like better? What's worse?

Has there been a noticeable change in how long it takes to get into the stadium?

What do you think of the loyalty points system? Has the club used it for anything other than priority for selling tickets?

What do you think of the system in place for reselling your tickets if you cannot go? In the US, fans use StubHub or eBay quite a bit to resell tickets. Is it possible to still do this with your tickets on the Citycard? What loopholes have you found?

Any and all other comments, both positive and negative about the Citycard are welcome.

Cheers!

City card is excellent, it means the real fans get priority over tickets and it means little queues at the turnstyles. I cant think of anything bad outside the membership fee,.

Do you meen the cards themselves or the Citycard being the membership card?

The season cards are much quicker, we used to have season tickets and you used to hand a numbered voucher over at a turnstile, which a lot of people stuggled to do. I think cards have doubled the entry speed per turnstyle at least. There are fewer now and people get in quicker.

Selling on football tickets is illegal unless the club sanctions a scheme, we had for for about a year and it stopped. In practice you can only sell to friends or people you attend the match with as you need your cards back.

Loyalty points are good short and medium term, but in 2030 AD only people over 50 will have the points to attend high demand away matches.

I've had no problems with my citycard ...... it pays for itself with a fiver off your first six games , cancelling out your initial outlay of £30 for the card ...... and i've never had any real trouble getting through the turnstiles with it either!

crossthepond said:
Have you found that the use of the Citycard has overall been a positive change from the past? What do you like better? What's worse?

When you say Citycard, I think you mean card-entry turnstyles. IMHO, the present system is very good and failure rate is quite low on observation.

crossthepond said:
Has there been a noticeable change in how long it takes to get into the stadium?

Hard to quantify timewise but it is quicker than Maine Road.

crossthepond said:
What do you think of the loyalty points system? Has the club used it for anything other than priority for selling tickets?

A lot of bitching goes on about the points system but it seems to be the fair and every sytem has loopholes. No, it's used excusively for ticket selling at present.

crossthepond said:
What do you think of the system in place for reselling your tickets if you cannot go? In the US, fans use StubHub or eBay quite a bit to resell tickets. Is it possible to still do this with your tickets on the Citycard? What loopholes have you found?

We don't have one as the club ended their deal with Seat Exchange and football ticket sales are banned on Ebay UK.

The Cards themselves are good but Charging Fans to buy them is a disgrace .It Like Charging to go to a Supermaket then giving you cash back for buying something .There is no reason to Charge

The fee for the CityCard membership I think is justifiable as it stops anybody from gaining priority for matches and can decrease the chance of away fans from getting into home sections (away fans seem to just get the FREE accesscards)
The CC price includes a £5 discount for 6 games thus paying back your initial investment.

As for the points system - it has its flaws as well just because someone may have 10,000 points this makes them a better fan of the club than someone who has just obtained an accesscard?
the 10k points holder could just be someone with money and time on their hands, whereas the new accesscard holder could be a lifelong fan of the club that hasn't lived in the country for the past decade.

Several Army friends who have access/city cards have had to buy the use of someones Seasoncard for several matches as they haven't been given the right to buy a seat by the club... so myself included here have attended games that we haven't recieved the points for (as weve gained entry using someones seasoncard)

It is a good system which has its positives but the negatives do piss me off.

SteSteez said:
The fee for the CityCard membership I think is justifiable as it stops anybody from gaining priority for matches and can decrease the chance of away fans from getting into home sections (away fans seem to just get the FREE accesscards)
The CC price includes a £5 discount for 6 games thus paying back your initial investment.

As for the points system - it has its flaws as well just because someone may have 10,000 points this makes them a better fan of the club than someone who has just obtained an accesscard?
the 10k points holder could just be someone with money and time on their hands, whereas the new accesscard holder could be a lifelong fan of the club that hasn't lived in the country for the past decade.

Several Army friends who have access/city cards have had to buy the use of someones Seasoncard for several matches as they haven't been given the right to buy a seat by the club... so myself included here have attended games that we haven't recieved the points for (as weve gained entry using someones seasoncard)

It is a good system which has its positives but the negatives do piss me off.
I refuse to buy a City Card &always use my Acsess Card which is Free .Never had a problem getting a Ticket . Suppose away fans could get them but what the point as most get a big alocation anyway & for the big games UTD ect you still need Loyalty points to get a ticket it is a big Rip off

All my family have City Cards. We live in Dublin & get over for around 5 home games a year. Its good because you get you money back over the games attended plus we dont have to wait for tickets to come in the post. Once you buy the seats online they are on your City Card. We have had no issues at all with access ever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.