#cityhorrorshows

Going to lincoln and seeing CITY lose 2~1 and then losing 1~0 to reading at home what a grim week that was and that was my holiday!!!!

3-3 against Bourbemouth must be up there. Need to win to go up, 3-1 up at half time and cruising only to throw it away right at the death and snatch a draw from the jaws of a victory. Fortunately we did the business at Bradford the week after so make it not as significant.

True_Blue69 said:
3-3 against Bournemouth must be up there. Need to win to go up, 3-1 up at half time and cruising only to throw it away right at the death and snatch a draw from the jaws of a victory. Fortunately we did the business at Bradford the week after so make it not as significant.

It was 3-0 at half time and Ian Bishop ran that game from start to finish.
How on earth we were three up at half time still perplexes me, and when I found out our management said to the players at half time "go out there and do the same again" it's surprising Bournemouth didn't score four

6 March 1999 - Manchester City 0-0 Northampton Town.

The most god awful game of football I have ever witnessed.

Think it was Terry Cooke's debut, he and Kennedy piled cross after cross in and Gareth Taylor converted nil of the opportunities that were put on a plate for him that day.

Dog turd in blue.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Last match of the season at home to Everton (93 I think).
It was so bad, Martyn Margetson (or he was so bad) was subbed at half time and Dibble went in nets the second half.
In all my years, the ONLY time a keeper has been subbed for anything other than an injury!
We lost 5-2

Not sure you were paying attention 'cos I'm pretty sure Everton also subbed their goalie in the 2nd half just for a laugh.

tidyman said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Last match of the season at home to Everton (93 I think).
It was so bad, Martyn Margetson (or he was so bad) was subbed at half time and Dibble went in nets the second half.
In all my years, the ONLY time a keeper has been subbed for anything other than an injury!
We lost 5-2

Not sure you were paying attention 'cos I'm pretty sure Everton also subbed their goalie in the 2nd half just for a laugh.

that's correct. jason kearton came on for neville southall to give him some gametime as they were well ahead (5-1 at one point) in 2nd half of the last game of the season.

I read an interview with Ray Ranson a while ago and he said it still sends a shiver down his spine when he's driving down the motorway and sees a sign for Halifax.

Shrewsbury ( the year after?) wasn't much better either.

silvaisgoldno1 said:
That ipswich match was one of my first games at city! Pissed it all day 2 nil up and 5mins before half time ref calls it off! I seem to remember the re arranged game was frannys 1st as chairman! You guessed it we got beat! Only happens at city!!!

Your right about it being frannys first game but i'm pretty sure we won it with a great bit of skill by Rocastle out wide and the finish by Carl Griffiths?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.