Citys american tour

Corky said:
It is not as though people in South Africa and USA will come every week.

What the fuck has that got to do with it? Some people on this continent pay more to see a single game in a season than some of the local lads. It's about time their loyal support was rewarded. I don't give a rats arse about selling shirts to Yanks but I like the option of being able to drive to a game in ten hours.

Barcon said:
Corky said:

What the fuck has that got to do with it? Some people on this continent pay more to see a single game in a season than some of the local lads. It's about time their loyal support was rewarded. I don't give a rats arse about selling shirts to Yanks but I like the option of being able to drive to a game in ten hours.

What about poor families over here who can't afford to take their kids? Sometimes the friendlies are the only option. These kids will be the hardcore who go to Fulham at home in the CC in future years.

Barcon said:
Corky said:

LOYAL support? please explain how you can support from hundreds of miles away? i am sure you mean loyal interest?

Corky said:
Barcon said:

What about poor families over here who can't afford to take their kids? Sometimes the friendlies are the only option. These kids will be the hardcore who go to Fulham at home in the CC in future years.

Kids for a quid.

To the best of my knowledge, this is the first time City have came anywhere near here. What's the big deal ? When I was a kid, I would go down and watch reserve games or sneak between someones legs and get in for nowt. I saw lots of City and we were skint. And these kids that you say will be the hard cores that go to Fulham (whatever that means), might one day move to another country as well. Anyways, this is a stupid argument and the OP was obviously just giving it more anti-American nonsense.<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:20 pm --<br /><br />
uwerosler28 said:
Barcon said:

LOYAL support? please explain how you can support from hundreds of miles away? i am sure you mean loyal interest?

You have absolutely no idea how long I was a season ticket holder or, how long I have not been one. Why the fuck would I support a team that has won fuck all for years? Anyways, I won't explain anything to you. Hundreds of miles eh? LOL.

If fans move away it of their own doing (or their parents).

If local friendlies stop completely it will be a big shame.

Wanting local friendlies is not anti-american. It was always club policy, and the club showed off about this recently.

Corky said:

Wanting local friendlies is not anti-american. It was always club policy, and the club showed off about this recently.

I have no idea what your first point is supposed to be.
Nobody has said anything about local friendlies stopping completely.
Nobody said "wanting local friendlies is anti-American".

You're right OP. It's stupid that City would want to try to expand a fan base in the richest nation in the world. The nation that spends the most money on sports and sporting related merchandise in the world. The nation with the largest sporting viewership in the world. It's silly really to try to expand the brand and therefore the revenue base and to try to put it closer to a United in the money that is brought in and the prestige associated with the name. It's silly. I think we'd all be better off if City were still in the third division, so folks can feel smug that they're at the match every week still supporting City, when folks on the other side of the world who also love the club can no longer see matches or feel like a part of the club. Yes definitely, we should move back down to division 3. Perhaps we should tell the sheik to get out of here and take his dirty money with him as well? I mean, these ideas he has of "expanding the city brand" are just an insult to true fan right? Why would we want him to redevelop the Eastlands area and turn it into something world class. Just need our pies and a warm flat beer at the half and that's all a real football fan needs right? While we're at it let's move back to Maine road as well. It may be decrepit and run down now, but that will help keep the fake and foreigner fans out and let the true blue real fans feel at home again.(Note the following paragraph was SARCASM)

The board this past week has become ridiculous. Being a blue used to be enough. Since the start of the buildup to the England v USA match however, it sure seems like it's not anymore. It sure feels like to me, as a dirty foreigner, that anyone except a manc born n bred isn't much welcome as a fan of this club. Not that what anyone on this board thinks will ever stop this foreigner from supporting his great sporting love. Isn't it about time we all moved on from this?

uwerosler28 said:
Barcon said:

I don't know what makes you more loyal than someone like me simply because you live a few thousand miles closer to the ground than I do. I watch the same games, put in the same amount of time and money (you try buying merchandise from the OS getting shipped to the States!) and live and die with every goal just like everyone else in the blue half of the city.

What's the only difference? Oh, people like me get up early every single weekend to watch the game on a shitty 3 inch by 3 inch stream that more often doesn't work then does just to get my fix. And you're complaining about having to stay up late to watch a meaningless friendly.

Every single successful team in the world has supporters all over the planet, and if you want to win the league, the CL, and everything under the Sun with just local people and local players then you my friend are quite naive.

Barcon said:
Corky said:

I have no idea what your first point is supposed to be.
Nobody has said anything about local friendlies stopping completely.
Nobody said "wanting local friendlies is anti-American".

If we play in another continent in late July then Germany on 4th August we are't going to have many if any local away friendlies, there will not be much time.

DalbeyINUK said:
You're right OP. It's stupid that City would want to try to expand a fan base in the richest nation in the world. The nation that spends the most money on sports and sporting related merchandise in the world. The nation with the largest sporting viewership in the world. It's silly really to try to expand the brand and therefore the revenue base and to try to put it closer to a United in the money that is brought in and the prestige associated with the name. It's silly. I think we'd all be better off if City were still in the third division, so folks can feel smug that they're at the match every week still supporting City, when folks on the other side of the world who also love the club can no longer see matches or feel like a part of the club. Yes definitely, we should move back down to division 3. Perhaps we should tell the sheik to get out of here and take his dirty money with him as well? I mean, these ideas he has of "expanding the city brand" are just an insult to true fan right? Why would we want him to redevelop the Eastlands area and turn it into something world class. Just need our pies and a warm flat beer at the half and that's all a real football fan needs right? While we're at it let's move back to Maine road as well. It may be decrepit and run down now, but that will help keep the fake and foreigner fans out and let the true blue real fans feel at home again.(Note the following paragraph was SARCASM)

The board this past week has become ridiculous. Being a blue used to be enough. Since the start of the buildup to the England v USA match however, it sure seems like it's not anymore. It sure feels like to me, as a dirty foreigner, that anyone except a manc born n bred isn't much welcome as a fan of this club. Not that what anyone on this board thinks will ever stop this foreigner from supporting his great sporting love. Isn't it about time we all moved on from this?

Haha, correct...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.