City's defence

urmston

was shocking today. Hughes needs to sort it out.

6 goals conceded in 2 games is not what I expect for the money City have spent.

Yes the referee played two extra minutes but overall i thought we gave them the game on a plate at times.
I was sick of watching us in the second half give them the ball back from Shay Given kicking it out. We as a team do not keep the ball when we play big teams. We just boot it up and have not structure coming out of the defense with the ball.
Richards, SWP were shocking today and Giggs(37) had the pair of them in his back pocket.
Stupid freekicks given away in dangerous areas again and again by the pair of them. Lescott needs time adapting to understand Toure's game but i really thing we need better width than we have on the right hand side.
In my opinion the right hand side of our team is our weakness and we need to work on defending set pieces.

Bridge had a ropey start and Richards/SWP were poor all game. Time and again they left us exposed and time and again ManUre made the most of it. Then give them a ref who plays nearly 7 minutes after indicating 4 minutes you have to wonder sometimes.......

all 4 of em were playing a different game, bridge lost in the first five, richards pickiing up the runners(great in the air and on the post thou), lescott the same, but fine in the air. Toure was average in keeping track sometimes.

oh a wtf was going on with the bellemy ireland switch!?! that just created some more f*&kin confusion.

Tie em all to chain, make em shit eat breath together for a while, some good 'ol team bonding.

apart from that .... well yeah

I must admit i was a bit puzzled on why when it was 2-2 we pushed Bellamy up top with Tevez?
It just invited pressure with Ireland going left mid and reverting to 4 across the middle, the system up till then was working so why change it?

While I agree it is still early days for our defence as a whole. I feel I must question the positioning and over all play of Micah Richards. At one point in the first half he actually stuck his 2 arms in front of him and was preparing for a full on dive on the edge of the utd box when no real contact was made, and then as is usually the case slowly strolled back into his own half.

He was no where near Evra or Rooney for the first goal and just not on the planet for owens goal. I think it's time to accept he isn't the player he thinks he is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.