City's defence

our right side was too exposed i agree, richard was chasing shadows and constantly out of position.
why did we back off in the 2nd half and loft the ball to them as soon as we got possession?
id have been happy with a draw towards the end, i just feel we could have upped our game a bit it was there for the taking but fair play to united they stopped us playing our game.

Danamy said:
I must admit i was a bit puzzled on why when it was 2-2 we pushed Bellamy up top with Tevez?
It just invited pressure with Ireland going left mid and reverting to 4 across the middle, the system up till then was working so why change it?

Hughes felt he had to make a change, we were starting to cop some prolonged pressure through that channel at that stage, not sure it was the best option.

But hey i didn't see any better option there than leaving it as it was either

Danamy said:
I must admit i was a bit puzzled on why when it was 2-2 we pushed Bellamy up top with Tevez?
It just invited pressure with Ireland going left mid and reverting to 4 across the middle, the system up till then was working so why change it?

Hughes felt he had to make a change, we were starting to cop some prolonged pressure through that channel at that stage, not sure it was the best option.

Am I the only one who thought we were resolute today. Our problem was we kept giving it away in midfield and played too deep inviting the scum to run at us. You've got to hand it the the FA's team they passed and moved the ball around well and Giggs was outstanding and gave Richards and SWP all sorts of problems. Toure and Lescott and Bridge did well I thought.

ayeGibson said:
Danamy said:

My point is that the pressure started after the change was made, they found too much space in and around our midfield.
Before the change DeJong was breaking everything up with Barry and Ireland in the middle to pick up the pieces, after the change this didn't happen once?

Both defences were a mess today. 4-3 and it was from the same side time and time again. Richards had his hands full all game and SWP never helped him out as much as he should have. Once we got level at 2-2 I thought Zab on for SWP would of been a good move to make but it never came. Plenty to work on nobody on Flecter for his 2 goals is shocking defending more so after the first goal the defence should have dealt with him.

Like spuds did last week, we made the fa`s own team look much better than they actually are, by just sitting back and letting the other team do what they want to, would make the most piss poor teams look good. The only good thing is, if we learn by our mistakes we will be unbeatable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.