City's going down with a billion in the bank...

johnmc said:
southstand117 said:
johnmc said:
I don't get the relevance of the song
Utd started it off a couple of years ago, when Hughes was around

Yes I know. We were in the bottom half of the table at the time so it had relevance coming from them at that time.

What is the relevance of us singing it now?

Agreed it just seems stupid to me and I can't see where irony would come into it.

johnmc said:
southstand117 said:
johnmc said:
I don't get the relevance of the song

Yes I know. We were in the bottom half of the table at the time so it had relevance coming from them at that time.

We sing it for a laugh & to take the piss. Like some City fans we're singing "This is how it feels to be City, this is how it feels to be small, this is how it feels to be City when your team wins nothing a tall" Because they rags use to sing it and now we've won the FA Cup we took the piss by singing it.

Just all banter.

SS117 said:
johnmc said:
southstand117 said:

We sing it for a laugh & to take the piss. Like some City fans we're singing "This is how it feels to be City, this is how it feels to be small, this is how it feels to be City when your team wins nothing a tall" Because they rags use to sing it and now we've won the FA Cup we took the piss by singing it.

Just all banter.

I get the Inspirals song and think it is a class one to sing.Infact I heard it on the radio the other week for the first time since we had won the cup and it made me smile thinking all the years Ive had to listen to that from them but not anymore.

Don't get this one at all though.

What is the relevance of us singing it now?[/quote]

Just all banter.[/quote]

I get the Inspirals song and think it is a class one to sing.Infact I heard it on the radio the other week for the first time since we had won the cup and it made me smile thinking all the years Ive had to listen to that from them but not anymore.

Don't get this one at all though.[/quote]

The Inspirals song has got to become our own. Its got the potential to become as iconic as 'we're not really here' and its a better song. The fact is its always felt great 'to be city' even when we were winning 'nothing at all'. But now its got added spice because we are entering a period of success so they can't sing it at us with the same meaning. Lets own it. They will fcukin hate it.

Don't get it.
Don't like it.
Not funny.
Thought there were rags in green man taking the p.
I get - We never win at home and we never win away...... but even that's not relevant anymore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.