City's greatest ever players

Difficult to compare against players we didn't have the privilege to see.

My personal City history has to start in the early/mid 60s. On that basis I'd put Colin number one but David, Kun and Yaya ahead of the other sixty-eighters and probably all in the all-time top 10.

From hearsay I'd expect Bert, Frank Swift, Doherty and Meredith to vie with them in the top ten.

Lee and Summerbee would be there or thereabouts. Not Oakes or Nelly, good as they were.

Being of similar vintage, I'd concur - but surely the best player ever to play for us was George Weah. Not while he was playing for us of course...

All very subjective, My personal favourite only makes number 50 on Rics List http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...-City-legend-Kazimierz-Deyna-was-a-Pole-apart but I couldn't differentiate between Aguero and Dave Watson, they are / were different types of player in different positions... So I am going for the team I would have liked to have seen play together (all at there peak) since my time watching City (can't judge the older legends I didnt see them) since the Mid 70's

Goal . Hart..................... (Honour mention to Big Joe Corrigan)
RB . Zabba ................. no ne comes close
LB. Willie Donachie............ (mention to Bobby MacDonald)
CB, Dave Watson
CB. Vinnie........ (close were ... Dunne Distin.... Paul Power and Tommy Booth & Keith Curle)
DM Nigel De Jong
Mid Yaya (on song) or Foe for consistency .....(Mention to Tommy Hutchinson, Gary Owen, Asa Hartford, Tony Henry, Peter Reid, Bernabia and Berkowic )
LM (Left Wing) Tueart...... mention Peter Barnes and to Kiki Mussampa ( dont know why I just enjoyed watching him play when he was on form)
RM (Right Wing) Sean Wright Phillips
Attacking Mid / Forward Kazi Deyna...... (Mentions to Silva and Kinky)
Forward... Aguerrroooo .......(mentions to The Goat / Uwe / Joe Royle )

And I have just found 32 players in a squad, just shows how hard picking 50 of all time would be. (it might have been 33 or 34 but I only caught the tail end of Buzzer, and only remember Bell after his injury.

No Matt Busby.. I know he managed the dirty fucking despicable vermin!!..but by all accounts was one of the great defenders of that era. Also no Tommy Booth! Very under rated and a true blue Mancunian. Also disappointed not to see the silky skills of Barry Conlon on that list as well. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.