City's Iron Curtain

A A

Anonymous

Over the last 12 months there's been a lot of talk about how City as a club don't talk to the supporters about important matters and it makes it difficult from the outside to know what's going on. Personally I think this is a huge strength within the club and should be applauded.

One of the bonuses of having two Spaniards as CEO and DoF is that they have neither the relationships nor the interest in cultivating them, with the British media, and therefore the only stories the papers can write are highly speculative ones (as with FFP). Now some might argue that this is a bad thing and that City should in fact be doing more talking in the press but I fail to see how that does anything other than give them more words to hang you with.

Just to give an example ... if you contrast the manner in which our transfer business is being done in comparison to say United or Liverpool. The big difference is that both those clubs have got people feeding the British media stories regarding players they are talking to. For me that creates an undue pressure from all sides because you need to deliver the players otherwise you look a dick in front of the supporters, however you also need to deal with a selling club who won't like the fact that you're doing your bidding in public and will constantly be ramping the price up.

Similarly with FFP, the club have remained silent throughout the process. Although it's been frustrating by not commenting until after the sanctions were made official, and by commenting in the manner in which they have, they've shown their disdain for UEFA without turning it into a public slanging match and without seemingly alienating an organisation who whether we like it or not we have to deal with.

Now this Yaya situation which I've little doubt the club will make zero comment on publicly. Our silence will be the most powerful tool we have in dealing with him and his agent. They can kick, scream, make themselves look as ridiculous as they want. City's stance will remain "Yaya's not for sale" until such time as an offer comes in which they feel is good enough. Maybe in this case i'm being too optimistic considering how it's always about the money, but I envisage Txiki and co. feeling even more hardened in their stance that having given him a new contract last summer, they won't be giving him another one this summer.

Long term I think there's a method to the silence. Going back to what Khaldoon said about public relations and the image of the club, we are striving to get to a place where the only thing we're talked about for is our football. To do this though we will have to remain silent on certain other subjects. This might be frustrating to some, but it's worth it IMO for the friends and respect it will win us.

totally agree with the silence,if you blab all the time then nobody listens,when you keep quiet,when its time to say something,not only is it calmly thought out but people will listen,

we are at the stage where we don't need to pamper to the press for publicity,they want us ,they need us,and over the next few years as we keep growing they will do anything in the world to please us ,because forget the agenda nonsense,we will be their meal ticket.

that interview with the chairman(the 2nd part) didn't half pump me up with more pride and belief,we are going to be THE team,i have no doubts about that

Totally agree. The difference with City and Liverpool and the Rags is that the media will generally twist everything as well. If we were releasing info to them we would hear stories about players snubbing us, prices going up etc. This way we just crack on with things and don't publicly express any information which makes us look level headed and professional as a club. When we win trophies it will be extremely hard to crack that outer shell. Mourinho will try to. The media will try to. But from Pellegrini through to the main board they will not hear a peep. And that is the way to be.

This Yaya incident is a case of his agent spouting bollocks because Barcelona have a new manager. That is the only club he will leave City for and it is a play for a bid from them to get more money from City. I think he cocked up because Yaya released that tweet saying everything was fine. He then had to backtrack because that questionned his agent and as the two are good friends he needed to express unity. It will blow over. I don't think Barcelona will see any point in spending huge amounts on him when they have younger guys they can show faith in. Maybe they will put a bid in for him but if they do then there are a few names there that we could look for. There aren't many midfielders that can win a game the way he does but I think this would be the season to cash in on him, if we were seriously considering it.

Too many individuals in the RagDipperMeedya are up their own arses. They seem to feel that they are central to what goes on in the football world. How many kow-towed to the old GPC because they felt it put them at the centre of the football universe. MCFC in the shape of Cheeky Stan and Furry Ammo don't give an egg cup of rat shit for the whole stinking mess of 'em! Hence we get one negative tale on top of another one. And the club continues to ignore them. Long may it continue. We are not the hacks preferred Champions but do we give a somersaulting fuck about it?

Agree, and in fact in the last 2 days the club have spoken, through our chairman, with his feelings on the past, but much more importantly those on the future, he's spoken quietly and respectfully, but football should be listening, and it should be worried, OUR model as he puts it will be shown to be the right model, and that's going to hurt a lot of other clubs down the line.

We speak when we need to, and that is far and away the best way to do business.

I'm sure behind the scenes yaya already knows the clubs feeling on the last 2 days, and he won't like them, just like UEFA won't particularly like what the chairman has said, but both parties will be quite worried right now.

BillyShears said:
Over the last 12 months there's been a lot of talk about how City as a club don't talk to the supporters about important matters and it makes it difficult from the outside to know what's going on. Personally I think this is a huge strength within the club and should be applauded.

One of the bonuses of having two Spaniards as CEO and DoF is that they have neither the relationships nor the interest in cultivating them, with the British media, and therefore the only stories the papers can write are highly speculative ones (as with FFP). Now some might argue that this is a bad thing and that City should in fact be doing more talking in the press but I fail to see how that does anything other than give them more words to hang you with.

Just to give an example ... if you contrast the manner in which our transfer business is being done in comparison to say United or Liverpool. The big difference is that both those clubs have got people feeding the British media stories regarding players they are talking to. For me that creates an undue pressure from all sides because you need to deliver the players otherwise you look a dick in front of the supporters, however you also need to deal with a selling club who won't like the fact that you're doing your bidding in public and will constantly be ramping the price up.

Similarly with FFP, the club have remained silent throughout the process. Although it's been frustrating by not commenting until after the sanctions were made official, and by commenting in the manner in which they have, they've shown their disdain for UEFA without turning it into a public slanging match and without seemingly alienating an organisation who whether we like it or not we have to deal with.

Now this Yaya situation which I've little doubt the club will make zero comment on publicly. Our silence will be the most powerful tool we have in dealing with him and his agent. They can kick, scream, make themselves look as ridiculous as they want. City's stance will remain "Yaya's not for sale" until such time as an offer comes in which they feel is good enough. Maybe in this case i'm being too optimistic considering how it's always about the money, but I envisage Txiki and co. feeling even more hardened in their stance that having given him a new contract last summer, they won't be giving him another one this summer.

Long term I think there's a method to the silence. Going back to what Khaldoon said about public relations and the image of the club, we are striving to get to a place where the only thing we're talked about for is our football. To do this though we will have to remain silent on certain other subjects. This might be frustrating to some, but it's worth it IMO for the friends and respect it will win us.

Dead on the money mate. I hate the word, but I'm going to use it. There is a distinct "Class" about the way we operate now, right through the club. Whether it's calm in the boardroom, keeping our counsel and even fair play on the pitch. It is clearly the Abu Dhabi way. The club is clearly becoming representative of how they want to be perceived: money talks, wealth whispers.

This is why I never believed any of the stories of City fighting FPP. You can hear the club's decision making process dripping from the statement we made on the website. It says: this is wrong. We could knock this down if we wanted. But the greater need is the perception of Manchester City and we have done a deal in the club's best interests. And it will not stop us. Khaldoon says the same in his interview.

This all comes down to astute leadership. We have the best senior management in world football: men who understand how to run a club and run a business. Idiots get involved in wars of words. Actions speak louder than words. And exactly as you say, there is great power in silence.

Fully agree Billy.

All the paper talk about FFP and its effects on City - club say literally nothing (of interest anyway).

Transfer rumours - club say nothing

It's only the City flappers out there that want to know and come on here to moan about the silence.

No news is good news not bad!!!

The Club are in full control of what they want the media to know and I 100% support that stance.

They are under no obligation and are unlikely to, comment on what is supposition and in many cases, pure guesswork.

They speak when they need to and comment only on what the Club puts out there.

Love it.

All I can say is...

<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/n03g8nsaBro" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/n03g8nsaBro</a>

Our public image needs to be managed and controlled in a better way. The negative stories are damaging and embarassing to the club and owners. There should be better communication with players to address any grievances in-house. Since we won the title there have been a series of negative stories that could have been avoided or handled better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.