City's New Badge - Do You Like It?

We’ve hardly ever had sky socks with maroon turnovers in our history. 1967-72 and 2010-11. Then in 1962-63 we had a maroon stripe on the turnovers like this season. That’s just 8 seasons out of 124.

We’ve had navy socks for over half of those 124 years but barely seen them in the last couple of decades.

Wow, didn’t realise maroon has only been used for 8 years on the home kit in our history.

I think there’s a lot of fans who grew up with the 68 team who love that team so much that they associate maroon with City and they assume navy is just a recent addition and our traditional trim colour is maroon.

That’s not correct of course, but I understand why they think it. The mind can play tricks on us.

Same for me, although if we ever have blue shorts again I might consider a boycott ;-)

I think the “the socks might have been black” is a relatively recent theory thrown forward by fans who don’t like the navy socks.

There’s no evidence they were black, and it would seem strange that Umbro just decided to pluck navy socks out of thin air in 1987, pretty sure they will have done some research.

I like the maroon turnovers too, but despite the opinion of some, navy isn’t a recent thing by Nike. It’s been associated with the club for decades, I certainly associate navy with City. It’s been far more prominent as a City colour than maroon for the last 30 odd years.
I’d take a navy blue third kit with a white and red (maroon?) sash. Loved the old navy one, but not more than the white one with th red and navy sash! Have the more recent one and love it! If I lost a few kilos, I might even be able to wear it!! ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.