City's New Kits - 2019/20

I think Puma haven't done a bad job here. I'm not a fan of the kits really in terms of how they look against previous, but I think they've at least tried.

Home shirt - If it was Maroon instead of purple, we'd all be buzzing. They are trying something new to create their own history and stamp, and it DOES look classy. its not as if its a total clash. YES, sky blue and white shirt, white shorts and maroon trim / navy socks are what we wanted, but it still looks good, and without being in the know, I'm sure the purple is a nod to Vimto - maybe something in the press release will confirm this.

Away shirt - They've made something exclusive to Manchester. I've never thought of the Hacienda and City in the same head space, perhaps subconsciously because Tony Wilson was a Rag, but its brilliant. The shirt is a bit brave in the colours, but when did Nike ever do us a shirt based on something very Manc? Umbro gave us the bee shirt which was the closest we've had.

Third shirt - Third kits are historically bright colours and in your face for European competition teams (or 2nd division sides mimicking European elite.. maybe we should look at a more continental badge design..??) and in my opinion they are all ugly, but third kits are essentially just another money spinner. the bright colours are aimed at kids. There's nothing I like about that kit, but I don't hate it.

125th Anniversary shirt - Here, Puma totally justifies doing something brave with the home shirt. what more could you want? It couldn't be more classic Man City if it tried! Puma have done us a solid here. I'd say 3 out of 4 kits are decent and very Manchester, which is more than Nike ever gave us.

well done Puma!

YVposfi.jpg
brown or grey possible?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.