Johnny Crossan

The following appear to be alive and well:

Peter Dobing
Bobby Kennedy
Alan Oakes
Ralph Brand
Jackie Plenderleith
Johnny Crossan

Very interesting, JGL07. Brand is 83, Plenderleith & Kennedy 82, Dobing & Crossan 81. Alan Oakes is a mere stripling at 77.

Big Bill leivers, at 88, is the only survivor of \City's \Cup-winning side of 1956. I still can't find older than Williamson & Phoenix though.

Very interesting, JGL07. Brand is 83, Plenderleith & Kennedy 82, Dobing & Crossan 81. Alan Oakes is a mere stripling at 77.

Big Bill leivers, at 88, is the only survivor of \City's \Cup-winning side of 1956. I still can't find older than Williamson & Phoenix though.
Slightly off topic i met Jack Dyson towards the end of the 80's, obviously I knew the name but it was his England blazer that gave gave him away as being the Jack Dyson. Had a lovely chat for 20/30 minutes with him, so down to earth.

Fred Smith. According to wiki played 2 games for us, scoring 1 goal, in 1952 and will be a young 94 next month.

Thanks Bob. I vaguely remember the name. He was a bit of a failure at this level. Was he from Sheff Utd?
You did well to trace such a bit-part player. If you're right, I must correct my previous assumption.

Bill Leivers is a slip of a lad at 88 but often turns up at our Wembley games.
I am told he was a very gentle Sunday school teacher in Longsight but hard as nails on the pitch.

I was schooled in the art of CB play with Dave Ewing and Bill Leivers. Vinnie, Otters, Tal Ben Haim, Ayjeric, Stonesy have all had my Ewing?Leivers slide rule run past them to see if they were of appropriate quality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.