City's #Together campaign

I just wished we we were that same proper football club with no frills attached. Surely this shite/ Hugh ferris and all that malarky doesn't have to come with having a decent football side?

If you want the Sheikh to dip into his pocket for £250M of world class players, then you have to accept the marketing that will come with trying to EXPAND THE BRAND and REACH THE CONSUMER WHERE THEY ARE. After all, "MARKETING" is, by definition, about "positioning" your "product" in the "marketplace," which is WHERE MONEY COMES FROM!

There are multiple marketing efforts the club generates in which I do not participate. That does not detract from my "Manchester City enjoyment experience," which is heavily focused on the field and on the website...which appears to be the best of any club in the world! if they want to have a Santa Stroll in Blue suits and people want to take part, good for them! Not for me! I buy my City gear, wear it with pride, and plunk down my cash for a Seasoncard to watch the best football I have ever seen firsthand in my life.

If #Together helps make that happen, then I am all for it! Heck, I actually think pulling together down the stretch is an EXCELLENT THING, because the pressure is going to build like NOTHING WE HAVE EVER SEEN BEFORE IN THE CURRENT 24/7/365 MEDIA CIRCUS, ESPECIALLY WITH MOST OF IT IN THE RED CAMP!

THE FUTURE IS BLUE......and it is going to be FULL of marketing (gimmicks?) of the club. Arsenal in Beijing on the day the London Olympics begin anyone?!!

CityReg said:
Prepare yourself for a moan and I apologise before I get started.

But if you've been on the site tonight you'll see a story on there about being #together. It starts by saying we're all on a journey. This is Manchester City, not the bloody X-Factor! I live right by the stadium and when I walk past it on a daily basis I wonder who comes up with this shit? The cheese of it all. It's sickening.

Stuff like this leaves us wide open for criticism. I just hope the same guy who did the bluffers guide isn't behind this shite.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2012/March/Together-with-Manchester-City" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... ester-City</a>

Tell me if I'm wrong and being over sensitive. I've had a rubbish day and got home to a leak in the living room, so it could be that!

If you really are a City fan then you are one hell of an 'over sensitive' blue. It's just unbelievable how some so called 'fans' have to find something to moan about. Just enjoy the ride (or journey) - or you could just enjoy the football

As soon as I read it I wondered if they are trying to pull everyone together in case Tevez plays. I know what I mean but can't quite explain it but along the lines of, City is the important thing not hating on Tevez, We are city, been through worse etc. I could be reading to much into it though lol.

kalouk said:
As soon as I read it I wondered if they are trying to pull everyone together in case Tevez plays. I know what I mean but can't quite explain it but along the lines of, City is the important thing not hating on Tevez, We are city, been through worse etc. I could be reading to much into it though lol.

You could be right though mate.

mancityscot said:
I just wished we we were that same proper football club with no frills attached. Surely this shite/ Hugh ferris and all that malarky doesn't have to come with having a decent football side?

You want that, then go and watch Sunday League, the worlds moving on and either get with it or get off. This stuff is just fluff and what's important is what's on the pitch. Looking back Maine Road was fun but the Kippax was a shithole, the future's bright.

I support the team no matter what, it's just sometimes, and this is one of them, I think those that run the club behind the scenes must have no knowledge of the game. You can't tell us fans what to do. It has to come naturally. And yes, to be a proper Blue, you have to find something, anything, to moan about.

brad the blue said:
kalouk said:

You could be right though mate.
I think he's right

Not read all the posts,but thought it was pretty uplifting,as an old cynic,I like it.<br /><br />-- Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:42 am --<br /><br />
colinbellsballboy said:
Not read all the posts,but thought it was pretty uplifting,as an old cynic,I like it.
Mind you,though,preaching to the converted and all that.See,as a City fan,can always see the downside!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.