Citys worldwide profile

yozzerblue

Team supported
Man City
Just like to say that another big plus since the takeover is, we now appear to have established a massive worldwide profile. Dont take it for granted that every worldclass player will turn us down on the basis that were a mid table premiership team.
Just read the papers, every jurno is watching the transfer window every rag looking at our club not theirs even the chelsea fans. Every agent looking to mention their player in the same breath as Manchester City FC whether it is to raise the price of the player or just get him in the shop window who,s bothered. Each and every one of those agents and players is aware of what we are now about as a football club. It is no longer Chelsea or the rags its our club they use. Visits from Madrid Barca executives. None of which would have happened in the past.
I think we'll make some big signings in the summer and dont think top six will be a problem next year, providing we buy players with balls, and not just world stars they are a luxury and will come in good time,

It may sound daft but I saw Tom Hanks on TV the other day talking about football (in a very limited American kind of way). It struck me that he asked Jonathan Ross - is it Manchester City or Manchester United - the fact that he had even heard of City and was treating them as being confusable (if there is such a word) with Manure told me that we are much more on the map as the OP says.

oh its growing faster than the bulge in my pants when we went 2 zip up at old trafford!!

It's very exciting times indeed!
There was a thread earlier about how long top 4 and Prem Champions will take, i took a more modest and realistic view than most giving it more like 8-10 years than 2-3! but even if the Prem Lg title never comes and we just end up being a top half Prem Lg club for the rest of our days with the odd League/FA Cup win every 3-4 years and a Europa Lg triumph evry 10 years that will make me a happy man to my dying day! if we acheive more than this then bring it on and i will enjoy my life more than any Rag does with their successes because of where we've come from and what we've had to endure! and i will be a winner with a lot more class than them arrogant bastards!

*thought id edit this to answer the question*: if worldwide status and profile increases then whatever as far as im concerned! We're here now and we were 10 years ago in Div 2, if anyone jumps on the Sheikhs bandwagon then ok! Maybe it will land us a few more players than it would if we were just a Mcr club but it doesnt bother me!

CTID!

bluejue said:
It may sound daft but I saw Tom Hanks on TV the other day talking about football (in a very limited American kind of way). It struck me that he asked Jonathan Ross - is it Manchester City or Manchester United - the fact that he had even heard of City and was treating them as being confusable (if there is such a word) with Manure told me that we are much more on the map as the OP says.

Did Ross reply, "Who the f*** are Man Utd"?

bluejue wrote:

manchester blue wrote:
Did Ross reply, "Who the f*** are Man Utd"?

I wish lol. One day though eh?

danburge82 said:
It's very exciting times indeed!
There was a thread earlier about how long top 4 and Prem Champions will take, i took a more modest and realistic view than most giving it more like 8-10 years than 2-3! but even if the Prem Lg title never comes and we just end up being a top half Prem Lg club for the rest of our days with the odd League/FA Cup win every 3-4 years and a Europa Lg triumph evry 10 years that will make me a happy man to my dying day! if we acheive more than this then bring it on and i will enjoy my life more than any Rag does with their successes because of where we've come from and what we've had to endure! and i will be a winner with a lot more class than them arrogant bastards!

*thought id edit this to answer the question*: if worldwide status and profile increases then whatever as far as im concerned! We're here now and we were 10 years ago in Div 2, if anyone jumps on the Sheikhs bandwagon then ok! Maybe it will land us a few more players than it would if we were just a Mcr club but it doesnt bother me!

CTID!
i dont think our owners are targeting limeted success thay want more than that and will want to be the best in europe. but after the last 30 years of shite i would be happy with what you just wrote tbh

Wonder how long it will be until the world stops referring to the rags as 'Manchester' dont know about anyone else but that really winds me up...

pedigreeblue said:
Wonder how long it will be until the world stops referring to the rags as 'Manchester' dont know about anyone else but that really winds me up...
Winds me up too. But was reading an article on the way to Schalke and their manager reffered to us as 'Manchester' which put a smile on my face.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.