citys worst buy ever!!!!!!!!!!

bluetonium said:
Who was that kid from Doncaster who was supposed to be the next big thing but never got a game, Nick something was it? Left back / defender and it was around the early 90s I think. Don't remember him going on and doing anything.

Trying to think of a few who have not been mentioned yet - Tony Vaughan and Neil Heaney were two that I can never remember playing particularly well for us.

are you thinking of matthew mills???????????????????....................

I'm surprised no-ones mentioned Bernado Corradi!

So bad, no-one wants to remember him!

Got to be Vuoso in financial terms, what was it, £4m and never played a game?

EalingBlue2 said:
Steve Daly by a mile, we signed him for a Berbatove/Robinho fee and he basically performed at the level of a Bob Taylor or a Vuoso.

So for the youngsters who have named guys like Frontzeck or Creaney, or Taylor, or Samaras or Dabo they are not even in the same sport let alone the same league as the Daly deal.

I think it would have been the equivalent to spending 45m on Samaras. Far and away our worst ever deal and one of the worst deals in football history.

Agreed. That deal (and a couple of others) started the rot that transformed City from being a club challenging at the top to the yo yo outfit of the 80's and 90's. Probably if there'd been no Daly, there'd have been no Van Blerks, Rob Taylors or Creaneys.

Bradbury wasn't in the same league, but again that transaction set us back a few years.

wot bout the class berti comes ere on a one year deal n all hes done is keep the bench warm haha he must be crap if garrido goes in b4 him lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.